• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice for first firearm for a female shooter w/kids at home?

I haven't read all the replies, so this may have been said already, but regardless of what gun she gets, she needs a way to LOCK IT UP when she's not around.

Younger kids are curious about everything, and teenagers are just plain STUPID sometimes. Especially when they're trying to impress other stupid teenagers.

I haven't read all the replies, so this may have been said already, but regardless of what gun she gets, she needs a way to LOCK IT UP when she's not around.

Younger kids are curious about everything, and teenagers are just plain STUPID sometimes. Especially when they're trying to impress other stupid teenagers.

What about when the wolf is at the door, and momma ain't around and the guns locked up?

I taught my kids at a very early age, (toddler) not to touch any firearm, unless I approved.
I approved a lot, so there was never any need to do it any other time.
Whenever I acquired a new firearm, my kids got introduced to it immediately., with hands on, even at the tender age of 3.
Curiosity killed the cat, or the neighbors cat.

What about when the wolf is at the door, and momma ain't around and the guns locked up?

I taught my kids at a very early age, (toddler) not to touch any firearm, unless I approved.
I approved a lot, so there was never any need to do it any other time.
Whenever I acquired a new firearm, my kids got introduced to it immediately., with hands on, even at the tender age of 3.
Curiosity killed the cat, or the neighbors cat.
Me as well. I grew up in Virginia and every one of my relatives live in the mountains and guns are laying around like pencils. I taught them at a very early age and got them their own AR15, 22LR and 20 or 12 guage shot guns. To them the guns are just another house hold appliance. I do keep them locked up in a very nice safe to deter theft. Except for the one revolver I can get to in a state of emergency. However that get locked up when their friends come over.

And do what, exactly when the primer becomes a dud from oil intrusion?

You are really stretching your imagination aren't you? All the what ifs what if this what if that what if my aunt had a dick then I guess she would be my uncle. You can play the what if game with any platform.

image.jpg

...When it comes to letting women pick the gun that feels best to them at the gun shop, dry firing them once or twice each while aiming at the wall...

This is what many of them choose for comfortable carry and easy holding:

Back
Top Bottom