• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice for first firearm for a female shooter w/kids at home?

We run a free NRA WOT (Women on Target) class several times a year.

It always fills up.

After the classroom instruction they shoot .22 pistols that our instructors brought, after that if they have their own gun, they can shoot them with their instructors.

We feed them lunch, have donuts and coffee in the morning and have one instructor per student.

All free of charge.
My widowed neighbor, wife and daughter have all been to the class.
It's a good one for the ladies, ladies only, they like that, lol.

Next class is Saturday March 4th at RBGC.
PM me if you need specifics on how to get someone registered.

It always fills up.

After the classroom instruction they shoot .22 pistols that our instructors brought, after that if they have their own gun, they can shoot them with their instructors.

We feed them lunch, have donuts and coffee in the morning and have one instructor per student.

All free of charge.

Where exactly is this? Sounds intriguing.

Where exactly is this? Sounds intriguing.
54114780.jpg

It always fills up.

All free of charge.

Shoot. I'll come for the free food, coffee and to meet the famous bikerbill:bowl:

RBGC.org (River Bend Gun Club) see the calendar for March 4th.
In a couple weeks it will be blue and there will be a link to register.
(Or you can PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address, so you don't miss getting a spot....) :becky:
I am a member and didn't even know about it. I can't give you enough props for doing what you are doing. Sounds fun instead of the usual in and out training. I may even send my wife up for that. She tends to listen to other people instead of me. 15 years of marriage will to that to a man. Just as long as she gets the training I will loose a little face for that any day. Very well done and good luck with continued success.

I am a member and didn't even know about it. I can't give you enough props for doing what you are doing. Sounds fun instead of the usual in and out training. I may even send my wife up for that. She tends to listen to other people instead of me. 15 years of marriage will to that to a man. Just as long as she gets the training I will loose a little face for that any day. Very well done and good luck with continued success.
Don't take that the wrong way. Sometimes it's just easier to "hear" the information from someone different, someone who's motives we haven't already anticipated. I am guilty myself of telling my daughters I would rather go gun shopping alone because then the men behind the counter are willing to give me more information. If my husband is there, they don't offer advice. I think they fear stepping on his toes. But I've already heard all he has to say, and I take in information differently. His communication style isn't really the best for me when I'm trying to learn something.

He's still my number one protector, and I'm sure your wife feels the same way about you!

I do kinda like the G19........ We don't have any yet (my husband doesn't like them), but if I was going to get one, it would probably be that G19. Of course I already have an FNS-9 and a Sig 320, so the G19 would be a bit greedy of me, seeing how they seem to be exactly the same gun (with the exception of a few levers, safetys, etc. Same size, shape, round count, etc.)

Greg you can come up with her that day and be a coach for someone else, bring a .22 pistol if you have one and the gun you want her to protect herself with.

Sorry you didn't know about it. We've been doing this for years and the club pays the fees for these ladies. It's just one of the many ways we've been giving back. It's on the calendar, check it more often......

I totally understand your wife listening more closely to someone else, that happens to all of us and is one of the reasons my wife and daughter went to the class. I did not coach either one of them, lol. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom