• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice needed - I harvested my first @ 2 gallons of honey today

So he said that he has poplar, blackberry, and some black locust in the spring. It definitely has a bold taste.
The sourwood is in bloom now.
He spun his this weekend and after it settles and he skims it, I will get a jar.
I have a little bit of last year's sourwood and will compare them.

So he said that he has poplar, blackberry, and some black locust in the spring. It definitely has a bold taste.
The sourwood is in bloom now.
He spun his this weekend and after it settles and he skims it, I will get a jar.
I have a little bit of last year's sourwood and will compare them.
Those were my thoughts exactly, Sourwood is my favorite...When we have a dry season, not much is processed..With the rain we have had should be a bumper crop.

Oh, I know it's not sourwood. I never said that. My brother said it tastes like wood, meaning trees instead of flowers. Weird; huh?

We have land in the mountains northwest of Chattanooga, and we are thinking of moving the bees up there to collect the sourwood honey. But this honey I collected is from my backyard in Woodstock, GA, in the fairly deep woods, right behind the lake. I cannot figure out the nectar source.

I buy buckwheat honey from a local guy. It's very dark and has a distinct flavor. The rest of my family doesn't like it but I love it. Do you have any buckwheat close by? I don't even know what it looks like or when it blooms.

Here's a pic. It's very dark.

IMG_6398.JPG

Back
Top Bottom