• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on AR pistol

Personally, I would not go with PASS, especially their freedom line.

For the most part, everyone is running deals right now as everyone is way overstocked. I would run over to Integrity if you are wanting to buy local. Good prices, although not the best anymore with all online guys running big specials, but he can hook you up with quality components.

I have an upper very similar to that on my pistol. It's a PSA. If you're wanting to build "the mother of all pistols", then you may want something a little more high end but otherwise, that one is not a bad choice at all. The Freedom stuff is fine. The thing about PSA is, QC can be spotty at times but there's still a 90% chance that you'll be happy with that upper and if you're not, PSA will (eventually) make it right.

FWIW, I'm not a PSA fanboy. I tend to lean towards BCM most often but at that price, unless it's going to be a "sirrus bidness" gun, go for it.

ETA: I bought mine used off of here for cheap and it had had the snot shot out of it. The gas rings were so worn out that the bolt would literally fall out of the carrier and the can pin had a deep groove worn into it. It still ran fine though, even with steel ammo. I replaced the rings and cam pin and have put about 1,500 rounds through it without a hiccup. It's very accurate and I completely trust it.

Is 9mm out of the question. It's more compact, more cheap and can be reliable if done right. We know your goals but what is your use case?

Edit: Scratch that. You already got the lower.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My 556 10.5" runs like a top
20161003_183825 (1).jpg

I'm wanting to do the same, a pistol built.
I know you already have the lower, but you can use the adapter mag block and go with a 9mm. (or you have an excuse to get another lower LOL).A pistol shooting rifle cartridges all ways seams funny to me. (just seams like you're wasting a lot powder with no benefit).With 9mm you can go as short as 6" to 8" barrel to keep it short. More parts and pieces to get, but I thank it makes more sense. And with me bashing on rifle rounds in a pistol set up, I do have to disclose that I do have a 300BO in a 10.5 pistol set up, and mostly shoot suppress ammo in it.

Choices, choices, good luck with your build, which ever way you choose.

Back
Top Bottom