• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on AR pistol

Ok, I am leaning towards the 10"5 in 556... My only concern is that I already have a nice AR in standard 16" length.

The purpose of this gun is to be as compact as possible. I don't want it to be too close to full size, else is defeats the purpose in my mind.

Also, what about the overall length? I have the Shockwave set up so that the back of the brace is 13.25" from the face of the trigger, to keep it under the 13.5" that the BATF considers it to go from a brace to a "rifle stock"...

Is there an overall length that I need to make sure to stay under, or over?

I don't know anything about the Shockwave length but if you go over 26 inches overall length you can legally put a vertical forward grip out front.
...if you're going to operate like that.

So the 8.5" isn't reliable?

I ask because when you take a 10.5 and add a flash hider, it's not all THAT much shorter than a standard 16" AR, or a 14.7" with pinned brake AR.

I don't know that it makes sense to spend the money for one that is only marginally more compact than standard...

I kind of want to get the 8.5" so that with the brake, it is 10" or less.

I ask because when you take a 10.5 and add a flash hider, it's not all THAT much shorter than a standard 16" AR, or a 14.7" with pinned brake AR.

I don't know that it makes sense to spend the money for one that is only marginally more compact than standard...

It can be reliable - the bigger issue is the 5.56 projectiles are not that effective terminally ballistics wise under 2500 fps, hence the 10.5" barrel. If you want it shorter, you can put a folding buffer tube adapter on it.

You really need a 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom