• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on making final arrangements?

AlphaMike11

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
I am helping an elderly family member (who is on Hospice) make final arrangements.
The burial plot is already paid for and I would like to hear lessons learned from someone who has been there.
(What to do and/or what not to do)

Does anyone have recommendations for funeral arrangements or casket purchases?
I have no idea what this type of thing should cost so I'm at a disadvantage.
It is hard not to be emotional at time like this so any input is appreciated.

I should probably add that this is out of state and I have to work long-distance...

Yes, cremation is cheaper... if that's a viable option in your situation... if its going to be a ground burial... buy a good vault... keep the casket price down by doing so... caskets are stupid expensive and no reason to be...

I am helping an elderly family member (who is on Hospice) make final arrangements.
The burial plot is already paid for and I would like to hear lessons learned from someone who has been there.
(What to do and/or what not to do)

Does anyone have recommendations for funeral arrangements or casket purchases?
I have no idea what this type of thing should cost so I'm at a disadvantage.
It is hard not to be emotional at time like this so any input is appreciated.

I should probably add that this is out of state and I have to work long-distance...

I would check to see if the person purchased an insurance policy to help pay for the arrangements. My father had an insurance policy that paid towards his burial. Does this person have a Will, living trust or power of attorney? Are they a Veteran that can be buried in a Veteran's cemetary? There are fees for everything. You need to find a funeral home and speak to them about the arrangements. There was a transportation fee for them to pick up the body and in my father's case transport it to a crematory. All total to be cremated it was around $2000. I don't think long distance is a problem as long as you have the POA or you are executor.

Back
Top Bottom