• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on making final arrangements?

I agree 100%. Never went into the room for either parent or grand parent to view. I also don't understand going to the funeral home for 2 evenings to allow for the viewing.

When I'm gone, cremate me, take me to the river and dump me in and do a shot of good bourbon, but you gotta pour a little in the water for me.

Same here but told my son to dump me in a good trout stream up in the Colorado Mountains..He also knows to buy 101 turkey a few bottle and ask all to think of one good thing I have done and toast to that..VA will take care of most of the Cremation and @carver put me onto an organization that will pick me up and do the cremation.

When I'm gone, cremate me, take me to the river and dump me in and do a shot of good bourbon, but you gotta pour a little in the water for me.
Same here but told my son to dump me in a good trout stream up in the Colorado Mountains.
Stepson is taking my cremains to Clingmans Dome. Mom, Dad, and I spent a lot of time in the Smokies while I was growing up. I have good memories of those trips. Already have the NPS details if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/scatter-cremated-ashes.htm

Out of curiosity, what happens to people who cannot come up with the $7-10K cash to do the funeral?

Many people are going to struggle to find enough for vault, service fees, transport, etc.
What happens in this case?

We are planning now to avoid this scenario but I am sure it does happen...

Back
Top Bottom