• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Affordable reliable Bug out vehicles

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
This has me thinking because I just lucked into a 2000 Honda Crv All wheel drive in excellent condition for $1500 bucks.

So if you are in the market for a bug out vehicle consider options out side the box. My really only must a for a bug out vehicle is its 4wd or AWD.

Here is a list of out side the box vehicles that are also known for reliability. This is obviously not going to contain all the trucks and other SUV's out there just ones that you might not have put and thought into being a good option.

Older Toyota AWD RAV-4's
Or AWD Toyota sienna
Honda AWD Cr-v's
Pontiac AWD vibe(its a Toyota with Pontiac badging)
Older Subaru anything can be had reasonable.
Saab Q9 (it's a chevy trail blazer parts are plenty very reliable and all the Saab versions are cheaper now and are AWD)

There is a small list just to get you going and get creative now these wont be rock crawling mud diving machines but they will all get you off road and through some pretty nasty things with quality tires. Or just around broke down cars if you have to go around them on slick muddy shoulders.

Little food for thought on how you can make a great reliable rig to get you somewhere safe or just around town.

you can pick up a couple of RPC's real cheap. they are good in about any terrain or weather conditions and can go ANYWHERE!!! they are truly only limited by the owners skill. if you have the skill you can go anywhere..

Rubber Personnel Carriers..
upload_2020-4-8_8-19-34.jpeg

bug out under your own power

I guess it would depend on where and how far you are going, how many occupants, how much gear you are carrying etc.

you can pick up a couple of RPC's real cheap. they are good in about any terrain or weather conditions and can go ANYWHERE!!! they are truly only limited by the owners skill. if you have the skill you can go anywhere..

Kinda limits what you can take with you in a "Bug Out" situation......

Back
Top Bottom