• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Afghanistan Martini-Henry

AR-Trvlr

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
168   0
Reaction score
I've recently been moved to the Kabul office of my company to provide planning support for Afghanistan military bases. There's good & bad parts, but today was one of the good: I was able to visit the Friday market at Camp Eggers.

Here's today's loot - a rug and a Martini-Henry.

The stamps all seem to match, but I'm guessing that the rifle is probably a Khyber Pass copy. For what I paid for it ($60), thought, I'm not terribly worried. The bore is atrocious - a trace of rifling amidst the corrosion. I have *no* intention of ever firing it, but it and the rug will make a nice addition to the man cave......

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BazaarLoot01Oct10001.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BazaarLoot01Oct10002.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BazaarLoot01Oct10003.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BazaarLoot01Oct10005.jpg

I was in Afghanistan. Kunar province..Korengal and Pech valley area both times I was there. You're rifle or pistol needs to be made prior to 1899. Be aware their are alot of fakes.

My granddaughter sent me some honey form Kandahar. We liked it a lot. She bought me several knives and the desigh of them is different than what I'm used to. I'm using one as my gutting knife this year. She bought a set of DVDs and they are NOT in english. Got took on that one.

Back
Top Bottom