• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After bump stocks, will "pistol braces" be next?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score
The BATF recently reversed their stance on whether the pistol brace circumvented the NFA in regard to SBR's. They clarified an earlier opinion that they do not.

With all this crap going on around bump stocks, and how while technically legal, they are a device that in many ways allows you to have a gun that "acts as a full auto", without the same legal paperwork and all that of a full auto...

If we go down this path of "evaluating accessories or modifications that bypass the spirit of the NFA"... is it a stretch to imagine them including things like the pistol brace?

Technically, it is allowing you to shoulder a weapon with a barrel less than 16".

My opinion is to just get rid of the stupid 16" rule, as if you can own pistols and rifles anyway, what difference does the barrel length matter?

But assuming that the SBR statute stays in place, is anyone else concerned that them diving into the stupid bump stock "issue", will put a spotlight on other things, like the pistol brace?

Tracers are next on the list and have already been brought up. Nancy Anti American Pelosi . Has already said she looks forward to starting this discussion with intentions of getting more than bump stocks

I wish she posted on the World Wide Web that she had information that would lead to Hitleries arrest...

Reactions: VME
Forget about braces, if we allow them to ban bump stocks because it violates the "spirt" of the law and not the actual text, then they might as well (and will) ban all Rifle caliber pistols because they do the exact same. Kiss your AR and AK pistols goodbye because we all know they aren't really pistols, just short barreled rifles without a stock.

And that's what makes this so stupid...

We can have pistols, short or long... We can have rifles... If I can have a long pistol, why can't I have a short rifle?

Automatic versus Semi... on some level I can see their point in that they are a different class of weapon... But if I can have a gun with a 7.5" barrel, what difference does it possibly make it if is a pistol or a rifle?

It's semantics at that point...

Tracers are next on the list and have already been brought up. Nancy Anti American Pelosi . Has already said she looks forward to starting this discussion with intentions of getting more than bump stocks
I know it's wrong to wish another person would die a horrible agonizing death, but sometimes it's hard to NOT wish that on certain politicians.

Forget about braces, if we allow them to ban bump stocks because it violates the "spirt" of the law and not the actual text, then they might as well (and will) ban all Rifle caliber pistols because they do the exact same. Kiss your AR and AK pistols goodbye because we all know they aren't really pistols, just short barreled rifles without a stock.

Does it anger me when we lose anything related to our weapon ownership rights, yes it does, but the cold hard truth is that James Madison and his contemporaries were not referring to gimmicky range gadgets that no military on earth would deploy for use in any offensive or defensive situation, ever.

I’m staying focused on protecting real weapons that offer us the equivalency necessary to defend ourselves and/or our nation from enemies both foreign and domestic.

Back
Top Bottom