• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After the last gunshow in Columbus GA this weekend....

I'm gonna do the old guy thing for a minute, even though I'm not THAT old... way back in the long long ago, around 1990, gun shows were AWESOME. The Gwinnett one that happened at the "Macro" building (a long shuttered store), on Oakbrook Parkway took up the WHOLE BUILDING. Not half of the remaining non-partitioned part. People from middle GA would drive up for it.

Ammo in wood cases, by the pallet. $99 for 1200 rounds of Norinco steel-core 7.62x39mm. $20 for 200 round battle packs of brass-case .308, etc.

But then Clinton ran half (90%?) of the FFLs out of business, and the "assault weapon bill" happened, and Clinton and ilk banned the import of the cheap ammo and a lot of guns, and so forth and so on until I haven't been to one in two years. And haven't bought anything at one in three.

Too bad; I used to like 'em.

One day soon I'll go to one in Texas and see how they are out here.
Wanamacher's Show in Oklahoma is what you're looking for.

And by "fair" you mean below market value...so only "fair" to the buyer, not the seller.
So are you telling me that there's something wrong with buying guns at the best price possible? Especially if that is from a local gun store instead of a gun show? Sorry but I heartily disagree. There's nothing wrong with buying at the best price available.

So are you telling me that there's something wrong with buying guns at the best price possible? Especially if that is from a local gun store instead of a gun show? Sorry but I heartily disagree. There's nothing wrong with buying at the best price available.
Of course not, but there is something wrong with expecting people to sell their goods for less than they’re worth.

Of course not, but there is something wrong with expecting people to sell their goods for less than they’re worth.

These gun show folks aren't trying to get what something is worth, they're fishing for impulse buys from people who aren't familiar with market price. The last show had M&P Shields for $800...…. No, not the performance center plus, I mean base shields.

Sometimes the best advice is the advice we don’t want to hear.
Best advice I ever got and didn't heed: The preacher that performed my wedding ceremony told me at his desk, 20 minutes before the wedding, "Kyle, I've known the bride and her family for years and if you walk out that door (his office) and down the hall and out into the parking lot and get in your car and leave, nobody here at this church is going to think poorly of you."

I should have listened.

Back
Top Bottom