• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aggressive Dog on Property

So its all my fault....what an idiot comment....
I was kinda being sarcastic… but since you’re already all worked up at me, I might as well point out that you’re the common denominator.

I’m kidding brother… I get it. There’s bad dogs, bad owners and bad luck. You got all three. I actually thought B basstracker89 typed your post. I thought I was quoting him… he’d have known to ignore me. I promise never to quote people when I don’t have my glasses on.

Don't mean to be so thin skinned. Its just been a really crappy deal with the neighbor. I'm a get along kind of guy and well liked in my neighborhood and now I can't even enjoy my own property....I have plenty of neighborhood dogs who love to stop by while being walked and we get along great. Even had a few dogs camp out on my back deck, non aggressive, just lost and I helped find the owners. But this BS that all dogs are harmless, you just need to be friends....nada.

I was attacked by my grandparents German Shepard when I was a kid. I had played with him many times until the day he attacked me. Was laying on the ground petting him and he lunges for my head puncturing my ear and scalp. I scream for my dad who was in the house with grandparents. He and my brother pull the dog off me and as I am running toward the house the dog breaks free and latches his teeth under my armpit. Still have the scars to this day. Turns out grandpa had been tying him up at night to keep him from roaming and he had a sore under his collar. I must have rubbed the collar and that was all it took for him to become a terror.
So all you "awe the dog wont hurt you, just make friends" folks can KMA.
Fast forward to the present.

New house goes up in 2021 on the vacant 1/2 acre lot next to mine. Lady moves in with a german shepard and puts up a fence then puts the dog pen right next to our property. The dog barks non stop every time I am in my back yard. Even sitting on my 2nd story deck he sees me and barks non stop. I try to be your "good neighbor" and explain the issue. She does nothing about it. Called animal control and they basically do nothing.
Shepard is now gone and she has 2 boxers that do the same damn thing. She tells a neighbor walking her dog to stay on the other side of the street as her dogs are trained attack dogs. I can't even be on my property without their harassment. Have grand kids playing and the dogs go nuts. I have tried to explain to her that its just not right that I can't enjoy my own property. She does nothing so I call animal control. Still nothing happens.
When she had just the one boxer it got out and was on my property and aggressive. I tried to be a good neighbor and called her. She acted like no big deal.
A week ago I came bounding around the back of my house to my work area and both Boxers are growling and lunging at me, in my back yard! I got into the house as fast as possible. Scared the absolute s___ out of me, taken by surprise on MY property! Called animal control but she had the dogs back inside by then... the next day.
Next time those dogs threaten me or my family on MY PROPERTY they are dead. Sick and tired of dog owners who don't give a crap about anybody else. Been here 25 years and now feel like I have to move because of her and her F___ING dogs!
I’ve had good luck with Black Cat 1 1/2 inch firecrackers quieting barking dogs. Seems to hurt their ears. Pitch one next to the fence when they bark.
Usually only takes a few times of bark…pow… for them to learn risk/reward.
Dogs coming into my yard and barking at me are an irritant, but as long as they turn and run when confronted, I’m OK.
They keep coming, it’s shovel time.
Edit: actually, I’m too old and the new yard’s too small, so it’d be garbage bag and grocery store dumpster time.

Back
Top Bottom