• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aggressive Pitbull

I've had similar problems and luckily have not had to shoot the dog....yet. I had a pit charge me one time and I knocked the crap out of it with a bag I just happened to be carrying at the time. He wobbled off. Get you a WASP or pepper spray. I usually carry one or the other with me now when I walk my German Shepard just in case another dogs off a leash charges at us. I would not hesitate to shoot it if I felt really threatened. Thankfully, I grew up with dogs so I'm not overly scared of them. I did have GA anilmal control out years ago and specifically asked him this same question....at what point can I shoot. His answer was whenever you feel threatened, but to make sure I killed it on my property. If you shoot it and it goes home and dies you'll have a lot of explaining to do. Good luck brother.

Im no attorney but I think this should be pretty self explanatory. We live in Georgia, if someone or something is physically threatening you or ones around you with significant bodily harm or death you have the right to blow such threat in half with a 12 gauge. This is America dammit.

Bear spray or pepper spray is a better option than deadly force. Deadly force can be justified if the dog is actually biting someone, but IMO it's not enough that the dog is charging someone. Use of deadly force could very well entail needing to retain an attorney and that ain't cheap. Pepper spray is cheaper and the dog will probably learn a lesson.
Also doing what @DADI03 suggests is a good idea because it establishes a paper trail.

BS You dont have to wait to be bitten. Had to shoot my next door Neighbors bull dog 2 years ago.. charged my 4 year old grandson. He called the police. Police wrote them a ticket and they had to go to court. It does leave bad blood between you and your neighbor. Mine have since moved.

Back
Top Bottom