• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

aguila small pistol 1 1/2 primers

OnepageBook

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Has anyone used these before? I can't find any information on them except through some forum chat where it was stated that the cups are thinner and they are not meant for high pressure loads. I personally don't push my 9mm/38 plinking reloads to begin with but looking for some feedback on these from those that have experience with them.

i havne't used their primers but have shot a decent amount of Aguila ammo and never had any issues. It's typical good quality stuff so I would have any issues using their components. I think you'll be good to go.

I bought a bunch of Wolf and another brand primers last time we had a primer shortage and was impressed with them. At the time I was all about Federal/CCI/Winchester primers, but was in a "i'll take what I can get" mode at the time and ended up with some really good primers.

I'm sure they are fine. Most differences in primers are QC levels. The other is cup size and brisance of the primer. Some of the foreign primers need to be seated firmly to properly pre set the anvil and get the primer deep enough into the pocket.

That said I would use the Ginex primers from Bosnia before I went for the aguila. Just based on the quality of other aguila products...

You can also get the Argentine servicios from zinc point. A shooting friend of mine in Argentina says they work fine with normal firing pin springs.

Back
Top Bottom