• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aimpoint Duty RDS is Now Available to the Public + Review/Comparison

TheSnail

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
Got the email notification from Aimpoint 30min ago that the RDS in now available to the public. Went ahead and bought one. No clue what I need it for as most of my Aimpoints are T2s with Larue mounts. Regardless, I figured I'd get one in the case they sell out over the next few days. I'll probably build a 9mm carbine with it for my GF to larp with me.

I'll do a side by side comparison between it and a H1, T1 and T2. Optically I think it will be on par to a H1 or T1, but we'll find out soon.

Seemed pretty cheap at $500. 2-Day Air shipping was free.

*Update* Received and reviewed three days after ordering. See below.

3.jpg

https://aimpoint.us/duty-rds-2moa-39mm/?utm_campaign=Campaign Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=209661389&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--LRHjMs5VNC89sXngSG_neYix7gsq9ftClWf8ox8xRVZaOqYv_Ue7MvxgTeZRkEHH0lom9rbBmGvYcOEBajaPxyGS3VQ&utm_content=209661389&utm_source=hs_email

I’m curious if it’s as blue as the one video claims
Yeah me too. T1's have a blue tint to them, which was fixed by the T2. So I'll compare the "level" of tinting between the two. T1s regardless of the slight tint are my favorite. If I could, I would buy a new T1 over a T2 all day long. Mostly because of the clean housing without all the clutter from the flip up caps. Then when you pull off the flip up caps, you got this gawdy lip with heavily recessed lenses etc... I'd rather pay 900 for a new oldstock T1 then 800 for a new T2.

Just reviewed all of them. It's impressive. Definitely the best value out of the bunch.

Impressions:

Packaging: Very well packaged. Packaged nicer than any Aimpoint I've ever owned.

Fit and Finish: Perfect. Love the texture as apposed to smooth. Gives it a nice flat black plastic look. I like it more than the H or T series finish. The lens caps are the same ones as the T2. Its got great overall lines/look.

Function/UI. Nice button feel. Like it better than the T2 which I think the intensity dial is way too stiff. The T1 dial and resistance is my favorite out of the bunch.

Weight is lighter than the T2. Probably the T1/H1 if it were not for the lens caps.

Optics/clarity: Its surprisingly good for its price point. Waaaaaay better than an H1 which is a more expensive optic. Dot pixelization is just as good as the T series.

Blue Tint: Way less blue tint than a H1. Heck, after reviewing them all side by side a H1 should be renamed a B1 that's how blue it is. As predicted, it is nearly identical to a T1, just a tad bit more blue. T2 was the best clarity and least tint out of the micros. For S's and G's, I compared them to a M4s and that owned all of the Micros. Then I compared them all to an Elcan, and that owned all the Aimpoints.

Conclusion: Well worth the money. Way better than the more expensive H1. On par to a T1 optically. Not as good as a T2, but its half the money... Personally, I'd never buy another H series. Id rather get an RDS. Quite honestly, I think Aimpoint will have to discontinue the H series, as there is no need for it in my opinion. For my higher end guns (2+k guns) I'll always get the top of the line T series, justified or not. But for guns that are 2k and less, I'd rather outfit two of them with RDS's than one with a T2.

Long story short. I'm impressed with the RDS. I recommend them, and will buy more of them in the future.

Got like 40 pics, so give me a min to upload them all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom