• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air fried chicken, has potential for sure.

1EDsson

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
I don't even pretend to be an experienced cook, but when the Mrs. brought home a Foodi Ninja pressure cook/ air fryer, I had to give the air frying a go. I did some pork chops last week, they were delicious, but not crispy. I put a little water in the bottom thinking that would keep them from drying out. I think it also kept them from truly crisping up.
Did chicken thighs tonight, buttermilk and Franks hot sauce wash, dipped in flour.
Cooked about 20 mins on the air fry setting, :thumb:. Nice crispy breading, and drippings to make gravy!! Not as burned as the picture makes it look.
I think the key is after placing them in the cooker, a light spray of cooking oil. Cooked them 10 minutes, and then another light spray of oil, before cooking 10 more minutes. Lots of recipes on line.
IMG_20191028_201947191.jpg

Been thinking of buying one myself but would rather the girlfriend buy one, LOL!

I don't fry much of anything anymore but I do once in a blue moon cook wings or catfish and I'm interested to see if these can do it as well as an oil & fryer combo. Since the 'beetus diagnosis last July I've been able to lose 60 lbs and keep it off. Air frying may let me have a treat now and then without guilt.

Back
Top Bottom