• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air Fried Turkey

First off, I did a brine for about 18hrs and used a cajun injector along with a dry rub on the outside. Next time I will get some of the rub under the skin as well.

Test bird was 17# and I cooked on full blast for 1:30-1:40. The included thermometer(not great) said it was done so I removed it and let it rest per directions. Ultimately it was not cooked all the way through. The skin and outer meat was fantastic but have to bail on the inner meat for safety reasons.
As you can see, the top is a wire mesh. The cold outside temp and wind will require you to run a little longer too.

Put a piece of plywood or pieces to minimize the wind.

You can do these in a garage as there’s no chance of them taking flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put a piece of plywood or pieces to minimize the wind.

You can do these in a garage as there’s no chance of them taking flight.

Yes, putting up some wind breaks would help but I wanted to run it in the weather to see how it functioned. I put some foil on the lid but I think it actually got too hot, so I took it off.

I would not try cooking in your garage, but that's just me. Maybe if the door was open.

Even with freezing temps and a lot of wind it still cooked really well, I would just run a little longer than normal. Not a big deal.

Take the oil back & get the Big Easy.

You’ll kick yourself for not doing it last year.

Ours is on the back deck & was cleaned last Sunday in preparation.

I was about to do that. They are all sold out now. I screwed the pooch on this one!

Why not use one of these????
1669158699263.png

I got lucky I picked up one Monday from the Academy in Dalton.

They had a stack of them last weekend in Cartersville. I had one in hand and cheapened out. I'd be all over one for the $85 sale but I don't think I'll go full price on one. I still like the 45 min cook time in my fryer vs the hours one of these will take.

Back
Top Bottom