• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air Fried Turkey

I was surprised how well it turned out and all of the mouths I typically feed deep fried turkey complimented on the taste. I did brush peanut oil on prior to seasoning and spritzed it periodically during the cook to help get the skin crispy.

the one I have would not fit a Turkey
it does have a rotisserie for a chicken size

we got an Emeril air (saw them on FB for $280, got one a SAM'S for $129 delivered), and so far all we have done are wings and they are fantastic
never in a million years could you convince me that an air fryer would cook wings so good in 20 minutes
crispy on the outside - juicy on the inside
some of this 21st century stuff works

We have been using an oil less fryer for 3+ years. It’s as good as a fried turkey without the mess. It’s super easy set it and set a timer and test the temp then add the screen to crisp
It up. The skin is crisp and the meat is moist. My family loves them and it’s just a given I’m stuck cooking the turkey each event.

what was the weight and how long did you cook it ?

we got an Emeril air (saw them on FB for $280, got one a SAMS for $129 delivered), and so far all we have done are wings and they are fantastic
never in a million years could you convince me that an air fryer would cook wings so good in 20 minutes
crispy on the outside - juicy on the inside
some of this 21st century stuff works

Biggest one I cooked was 14 lbs and it took about 2 hrs but that was outside on Christmas Eve when it was stupid cold. I have been probing for temp after it’s been cooking for 45 mins. I’m not sure how it would go in an indoor air fryer since the ambient temperature and wind plays a big role for the outdoor one.

I do have an indoor air fryer (Power XL) and will say it’s our most used kitchen appliance. The versatility of what you can cook in it and how well it turns out is amazing. I’ve even done a meatloaf in it before that turned out incredible

We have been using an oil less fryer for 3+ years. It’s as good as a fried turkey without the mess. It’s super easy set it and set a timer and test the temp then add the screen to crisp
It up. The skin is crisp and the meat is moist. My family loves them and it’s just a given I’m stuck cooking the turkey each event.

The clean up has been my favorite part. Draining and screening the oil to try and get more use out of is a giant pain in the ass that never happens without some spillage mess to deal with. What else have you tried in it besides turkey?

The clean up has been my favorite part. Draining and screening the oil to try and get more use out of is a giant pain in the ass that never happens without some spillage mess to deal with. What else have you tried in it besides turkey?
I’ve only done turkey. Laziness is the only thing that keeps me from trying other stuff

I finally bought one of these and have to say it works great. It cooks a turkey just as good as deep fried(maybe better) but no need to buy oil, clean up oil etc etc. I highly recommend. I did a test bird this weekend to get a feel for time and now I am ready for thursday. I also "fried" and pork rib roast and it came out fantastic. Super easy cooking and very little clean up. I have seen these on sale for $99, so if you look around you can get them pretty cheap.

View attachment 4991383

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Oil-less-Liquid-Propane-Turkey/dp/B071VT9RRR/ref=sr_1_1?gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_KbBhDLARIsANx7wAzBMb9NC7ohUewYJPjVDrIrzUoPSalJeC-Zv1SarYgy767rCpKhNUwaAhgoEALw_wcB&hvadid=459466491352&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1015440&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=6132447528028748674&hvtargid=kwd-816237578135&hydadcr=8346_9904706&keywords=char+broil+turkey+air+fryer&qid=1669146331&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.08f69ac3-fd3d-4b88-bca2-8997e41410bb&th=1
Oh yeah, I love mine. A good brine and a butter injection and it's the best turkey you'll ever eat.

Oh yeah, I love mine. A good brine and a butter injection and it's the best turkey you'll ever eat.
Yes, I left out the brining and injections etc. you should do all of the normal seasoning you would do for any other turkey.
I did a batch of chicken wings too. Didn’t come out great but it was all about how I seasoned them. I will have to do some testing to perfect those. Did some chicken legs as well. Not much you can’t cook in this thing, just have to figure out the process/recipe.

Back
Top Bottom