• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air gun ads

Neither are muzzleloaders, but they list quite often.

A muzzleloader is a type of "firearm" specifically exempted/addressed/classified by the ATF. A projectile is expelled by the use of an explosive. "Air guns" do not use an explosion to expel the projectile (excluding some experimental "air" guns that ignite a gas). And the ATF/NFA definition of something does not always match its technical definition (and if you dig deep enough sometimes doesn't match within the ATF).

Muzzleloaders may need their own section; it would go under firearms (when reviewed in the past there were not enough to merit a separate section). Air guns may also need their own section, it would not go under firearms (again, historically there were not enough to merit a separate section).

Air guns may also need their own section, it would not go under firearms (again, historically there were not enough to merit a separate section).
That's a market that's growing by leaps and bounds. High power hunting airguns are becoming a booming business as more states are allowing their use.

That's a market that's growing by leaps and bounds. High power hunting airguns are becoming a booming business as more states are allowing their use.

There's an up-vote button at the top that will let Okuma Okuma gauge the interest in a separate section for airguns.

1644409873577.png

IMO we should have any gun that expels projectiles in the firearms section. We can find examples of laws and descriptions supporting this in local laws.
I agree with DanKATL DanKATL that we don’t have enough sales of these to warrant a separate section. However when searching, if anyone is looking it will show up no matter what section its in.

I had an airgun that was just moved to its own newly segregated, I mean designated category...looks good! While you have your label maker out, the muzzleloader category is a great idea! Also, and most annoying IMHO, get all the reloading components out of the ammunition category. We do not list gun parts under firearms and I see no reason to sift through the now overwhelming listings of reloading equipment and components while browsing overpriced ammo selections. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom