• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air Travel

I've flown numerous times with a handgun, and only had one bad experiece. Got the weapon inspected by the TSA, then put it on the luggage belt with everything else. Was boarding the plane and a stewardess came and got me, told me I had to meet with TSA again. I was taken to a TSA area, where they had my luggage open, my aluminum case was open, and an agent was fondling my pistol. The case had been pried open with a screwdriver....and apparently nobody knew how it happened. Long story short, I stayed in Philly another night, bought another locking box, and was pissed about it for weeks. Come to think about it, I'm still a little pissed.

Either way, its not a huge ordeal, just keep your eyes on your bag as long as you can.

I've used this in the past with no prob http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/62258-1.html
Just notify the agent when your checking you bag that you are transporting a weapon and they will inspect the case and then put it back in your checked bag. So no curb side check in...

If your case does not meet their standard you'll either have to travel without it or buy one of their cases at some outrageous price.

Not sure about the ammo as I didn't bring any since I was going to my parents house and my dads doomsday collection outweighs mine...

I travel constanty and always take my ccw as detailed above. Not a big deal

I always thought your cheap case was a little claustrophobic. Next time we travel, can I at least get a case with an air bladder? It's a bit hard to breathe on these 6 hour flights.

Back
Top Bottom