• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK 47, Romanian WSAR10 Hi-cap

Here is what one guy did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLyEijgVp7o

He said he wasn't having feed problems, but the mag wobble got on his nerves.....

-Mine is pretty good so far. I am not bothered by the mag wobble, but if it starts to cause trouble, I can easily do what he did.

(Just keep in mind that an AK is an AK. They aren't precision machines, and never were meant to be. I love mine, but some people who are really particular may not enjoy theirs as much. They are not fine swiss watches, but they do take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.)

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the WASR-10. Its like the Chevy truck of assault rifles. Sure you could spend more money and get the same truck with a Cadillac logo on it but whats the point?

As for the sights being canted, I believe that is done intentionally because they bore sight them at the factory. Im not 100% on this though, maybe someone can back me up on it. Every WASR-10 that I have owned has had the front sight post off center and every one has shot dead on.

I have two and both of there sight post are left of center a decent amount and shoot dead on.

As far as reliability, I have one I have had for a few years put a few thousand rounds through and never once a jamb or miss feed.

I have ONLY used Wolf/Herters green lacqured steel case 123gr. HP's in my ak's and sks. NEVER ONCE A MISFIRE! Mine has never seen a piece of brass...lol

My newest Ak is a newer member and has yet to be run through its paces, it is an older pre clinton wasr I believe. I have ran a mag through it with no problems but have yet to be able to test it long term. But I have no feeling's that it would prove problematic or otherwise.

Last edited:
Century seems to get slammed a lot. Not sure why. Based on my experience, I am not disappointed at all. I had a WASR. Not an AK guy, so I traded it. Not because it didn't work, though. My first AR15 lower receiver was a Century. No issue there either. Maybe some people really are just gun snobs?

Century seems to get slammed a lot. Not sure why. Based on my experience, I am not disappointed at all. I had a WASR. Not an AK guy, so I traded it. Not because it didn't work, though. My first AR15 lower receiver was a Century. No issue there either. Maybe some people really are just gun snobs?

Its the same reason why Glocks get trash talked. Because other people spent 2x the money on a Sig or an HK and they want to feel like their gun is better.

Its the same reason why Glocks get trash talked. Because other people spent 2x the money on a Sig or an HK and they want to feel like their gun is better.

Glock fan boys talk more trash than any sig or hk owner put together! :lol:

Ive owner several WASR and century products. Never had a single issue.

Last edited:
Century has earned a bad reputation because they had (and maybe still have, IDK honestly) a quality control problem with what got out the door, and they failed to address it before their reputation got tarnished. It may have only been 4% of the guns out the door and it may have only been early-on, but the people who got one of the crappy guns are the folks you hear complaining about it, while you don't hear much from those who are satisfied with their Century AK or a conversion (other than when they chime in on a forum like this to say, "I like mine just fine"). It's a lot harder to recover from a bad reputation than it is to deal with problems and head them off before they get out the door.

It is compounded by the fact that some low-end AK builders/sellers (i.e. competitors) talk Century down at every opportunity; case in point - at a gun show I attended a while back, one of the sellers had a Century AK on "display" that had several issues including a poorly fitted stock, mag release/retention issues, and probably the most ridiculous - the front site was mounted crooked. It is likely that thousands of people across the SE USA have seen that particular Century AK and formed their opinion on little else. I've got a friend who is a gunsmith, machinist, manufacturer, and high-end AKs are among his products (i.e. not competing with Century), and he's pretty objective about it. His take on it is that a quality control system should NEVER let something crappy out the door, but he also realizes that when a company sells a low margin product, and is dealing in the volumes Century is dealing in, that is a BIG challenge.

Noting the original post, don't you wish you could still get an AK to the house for under $400?!

Back
Top Bottom