• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK barrel thread service?

If you're getting it threaded for concentricity then I'd send it to a reputible AK builder, one that could press the barrel out, do the work in a lathe and properly re-press and headspace it. Many good one's in the South, just not in GA.

Does this mean you'll do them standard threading lolol I'm actually very glad you are busy enough to not have the time for them, means business is good :thumb:
Yeah, we can thread them 1/2x28 but we pull the barrel to do it. I actually send people to another AK guy to pull and reinstall the barrel. He does it a lot cheaper than I do.

IMG_3437.JPG

I traded into 1st generation I.O Ak-47 that went south after about 700 rounds.. I had them redo rivets in trunion that were falling out, change spring mechanism to keep firing bolt from jumping out, cut down original barrel 5 1/2 inches and put added a 5.5 AR muzzle break that looked and functioned great! I told them to go through AK thoroughly and fix or replace anything that didn't look right.. Everything was under $200.. I already had the magpul accessories...
1st picture was when I got it
2nd picture was first 700 rounds
3rd picture was when I got it back from the gunsmith

Back
Top Bottom