• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ak project...HELP!!

kingfisher79

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
81   0
Reaction score
Ok i picked up a WASR a while back & bubba had put a tacticool job on it, aftermarket hand gaurds & Stock which was fine. But also added what appeared to be a rhinolining finish. Ive tried everything i almost know to get it cleaned off to take it back to it's original state. Noticed it was primed first, then a base coat of fde,then a fde rhino- liner finish & I've tried brake cleaner,Goo gone, sanding it, paint scraper & still cant seem to get it all off!! Im definitely open for suggestions on getting back to the original finish. Thanks in advance, will post current pics ASAP

Strip everything down to each individual part till there's nothing left but the receiver and populated barrel. Scrub all parts with degreaser and rinse clean. Soak all parts in acetone over night, or maybe even a few days for good measure. Sand blast all parts with 100grit AO. Hang all parts in oven @ 300° to gas out, any parts that show oil seepage repeat above processes.

Once all parts come out the oven 100% clean bare metal proceed to mix cerakote. Spray an even wet coat over all surfaces inside and out. Hang all parts in oven 250 degrees for two hours. Let cool down and reassemble.

Or pay someone else to do it.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/reviews/hiland-arms-cerakote.1444525/

FB_IMG_1577920659172.jpg

Back
Top Bottom