• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ak project...HELP!!

Aircraft stripper is the strongest stuff I know of. It comes out like a gel and is VERY potent. Use outside with a respirator and some very thick rubber gloves. If it wont take it off, you might be down to a sand blaster.

Aircraft stripper is the strongest stuff I know of. It comes out like a gel and is VERY potent. Use outside with a respirator and some very thick rubber gloves. If it wont take it off, you might be down to a sand blaster.
^^^^^I was gonna type that until i scrolled down. Aircraft paint stripper is some bad stuff. It will strip anything including your skin!!

^^^^^I was gonna type that until i scrolled down. Aircraft paint stripper is some bad stuff. It will strip anything including your skin!!
Lol...i thought i had some laying around in the basement & was gonna use it, but all i could find laying around was goo gone & brake cleaner. It made a good atempt but didn't get it done

Citri-strip will not work, I've had this same problem with a 74 I got in a trade and just sent it to a builder I know for a media blast and refinish. I didn't have all the extra time to deal with it anymore and just wanted it done right.

Media blast. Nothing else is touching legit LineX or Rhino. If it is cheap can liner you might get it with Aircraft but you are fighting a battle that will be hard to win. Good luck though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

20200101_161820.jpg

Attachments

• 20200101_161807.jpg
    20200101_161807.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200101_161756.jpg
    20200101_161756.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200101_161749.jpg
    20200101_161749.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 22
image.jpeg
Try soaking just the topcover or other small part in acetone as fatalbert suggested. I would just do a small part to see what results you get before trying to strip the whole thing. If that works then do the rest. Follow Fats instructions above for prep. I've painted several rifles using that method except I'm cheap and just use appliance epoxy instead of cerakote. If your anal about the prep you can get very good results. Here is a Saiga I converted and painted recently with that method.

Back
Top Bottom