• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ak project...HELP!!

Just a heads up, unless the product was designed to be baked you're not doing yourself any favors. Baking on krylon doesn't make it any tougher, it might actually weaken it.
Ive actually heard pretty good reviews on doing it that way then using Matte clear afterwards. It came out really nice believe it or not. Tackling the prep work correctly is half the battle, & i followed your instructions & it worked well! And thanks for all the advice brotha. When i have extra funds i definitely want to get you to do a couple Cerekote jobs for me

Just a heads up, unless the product was designed to be baked you're not doing yourself any favors. Baking on krylon doesn't make it any tougher, it might actually weaken it.
Ive actually heard pretty good reviews on doing it that way then using Matte clear afterwards. It came out really nice believe it or not. Tackling the prep work correctly is half the battle, & i followed your instructions & it worked well! And thanks for all the advice brotha. When i have extra funds i definitely want to get you to do a couple Cerekote jobs for me

Probably doesn't hurt to bake it at a low temperature, it just doesn't help either besides speeding up the cure process.

Krylon is probably better than whatever crap paint Arsenal puts on their $1200 AK's though! I can almost guarantee that :lol:

Post up some pics, looking forward to seeing it finished up.

Back
Top Bottom