• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK understanding question

I switched out the plastic to Wood in the upper and lower handguard and I'll be damned if I can't get the little cam lock lever too close. It was an absolute nightmare getting it open
Having trouble using finger/hand pressure?
Before I worried about sanding the lower hand guard, I would give it a few light taps with a nylon hammer. That's worked for me more than once.

Doesn't the grenade site being up kind of defeat having a single? It's a little hard to use the rifle front sight
Yeah it does, absolutely. I have just seen posts on other boards where some dudes were perplexed because their rifle wouldn't cycle with the sight up.

There are 2 OPap variants, early and late. Late were imported in 2015 and contained some commercial parts and are easily identified by their NPap front sight. Early OPap front and rear sights were night-sight “ready” (military).
I must have picked up an older one... I have not fired her yet.

Thanks... now I need it to close.
Hold the rifle butt stock resting on ground. Tap down on the face of the lower hand guard retainer, making sure the lower hand guard is fully seated in the receiver. Push the lever as far as you can with hand pressure, then tap it home with the nylon hammer. If that doesn't work you will probably need to fit (sand) the lower hand guard to the receiver/lower retainer. That's all I got.

Back
Top Bottom