• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK, Wolf ammo, iron sights 500y ? All day

I cant even see 500 yards away. I dont shoot at what I cannot see. In both the jungle and the concrete jungle you cant see past 200 yards 98% of the time. The AK was designed for that purpose. You can clear a building with a bolt action but a mp5 would be a better choice. The AK was designed for close to medium range.

I cant even see 500 yards away. I dont shoot at what I cannot see. In both the jungle and the concrete jungle you cant see past 200 yards 98% of the time. The AK was designed for that purpose. You can clear a building with a bolt action but a mp5 would be a better choice. The AK was designed for close to medium range.

There you go using sensible logic again. Haven't we talked about this?

Yeah, the only way you could see past 200 yards in a city is if there were long straight corridors that are clear of obstructions. How could there ever be anything like that in a city?

Oh, wait.

Yeah, the only way you could see past 200 yards in a city is if there were long straight corridors that are clear of obstructions. How could there ever be anything like that in a city?

Oh, wait.
In the United States if you ain’t on the rifle range then a platform designed to hit stuff past 300 yards is nothing more than a range toy . This ain’t Afghanistan. You pop some **** in a city that’s 300 yards away then you will see 300 yards ... while you are at a south GA prison.

What’s the deal with these kinda posts anyway? Your smart enough to know you don’t open carry an MG42 and use a Walther ppk as an anti tank gun

In the United States if you ain’t on the rifle range then a platform designed to hit stuff past 300 yards is nothing more than a range toy . This ain’t Afghanistan. You pop some **** in a city that’s 300 yards away then you will see 300 yards ... while you are at a south GA prison.

What’s the deal with these kinda posts anyway? Your smart enough to know you don’t open carry an MG42 and use a Walther ppk as an anti tank gun
I’d never pick my AKM for some long range desert shooting and the fact that most my enemies had AKMs and I had a 14.5” M4 is the reason I’m still typing here and not zipped up proper in a bag. They made it work because it’s all they had but they also shot at me from 30m away with RPGs, 800m away with AKs and slung Katusha Rockets from the back of Opel sedans lol. A for effort on their part and real talk, you can’t see bullets when they’re coming in to an extent everything sounds like it is on your a** like white on rice when in reality it’s 20 feet here or there and you’re relatively safe. Psychological all day.

As for the Original Post? Just for some fun Range day trial and error. If you got access to the KD ranges why not try? Hell I’ve tried shooting my G26 at 100 and watched a dude (online) hit 110y with a G43 lol

If you gotta hit beyond 200 without glass you’re fibbing if you say you saw a weapon in dudes hand. War time distance with irons for that kind of shooting IMO. Or Range fun like above

The Katusha Opel idea didn’t work out well for them. From my personal photo collection

6EF5D784-B73F-436F-AAC2-E0A61CBE3AD8.jpeg

Circa 2006 Sadr City SE B-Town

I’d never pick my AKM for some long range desert shooting and the fact that most my enemies had AKMs and I had a 14.5” M4 is the reason I’m still typing here and not zipped up proper in a bag. They made it work because it’s all they had but they also shot at me from 30m away with RPGs, 800m away with AKs and slung Katusha Rockets from the back of Opel sedans lol. A for effort on their part and real talk, you can’t see bullets when they’re coming in to an extent everything sounds like it is on your a** like white on rice when in reality it’s 20 feet here or there and you’re relatively safe. Psychological all day.

As for the Original Post? Just for some fun Range day trial and error. If you got access to the KD ranges why not try? Hell I’ve tried shooting my G26 at 100 and watched a dude (online) hit 110y with a G43 lol

If you gotta hit beyond 200 without glass you’re fibbing if you say you saw a weapon in dudes hand. War time distance with irons for that kind of shooting IMO. Or Range fun like above
At least make it fair . All light steel core and you only use lead core with the x39 ?

Not much of a fair test

As for overseas they use whatever crap they find

I generally use an AK for shooting cans at 100 yards.

Trying to hit a watermelon at 430 yards with an AR is tough. It’s basically just lobbing bullets at that point. I didn’t bother with the AK because I couldn’t even see the watermelons without glass. same target with 300 WSM is a different story.

At least make it fair . All light steel core and you only use lead core with the x39 ?

Not much of a fair test

As for overseas they use whatever crap they find
Oh by no means was that a legit test. When I was in near ambushes it was something terrifying. It wasn’t the AKs fault they missed me. It was the fact that their training was garbage AF. Or they were 68 years old or 16 years old. Militia etc.

When I ran across ex-republican guard they could place some accurate fire.

When I fought legit Talib or foreign fighters from Pak they could lay it on me too.

The young men and old men who were yanked into the war by the above players didn’t have much of a chance.

Not only that but as an American I was LOADED with force multipliers;
NVGs
CAS
Ordnance

And Still they were a pita to fight lol

Back
Top Bottom