• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK47's that the threads are concentric to bore?

Post422

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
104   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this? I love the AK platform, but I have tested the few that I have, and none are concentric to bore. I have been looking into the KS47 from PSA. Any suggestions? Thanks

How are you testing the bore? They way I've seen it done is on a lathe with the barrel out of the gun.

I guess the poor mans way of checking is to put the suppressor on the rifle and look down the bore, no?

I am using a precision ground rod, placing it against the bolt face, and putting the gun in a vice with my suppressor attached. Instead of the gap being the same around the rod, the rod sits in the 430 position on the barrel.

You can either rethread the barrel if it has enough meat to try and get it concentric or install a permanent threaded barrel sleeve. At least those were my choices when I dealt with this years ago. Locally Rudy at Macon Armory might be able to help. Morgan at Class 3 Machining in TX can definitely help you out here. And I'm guessing there are some others locally.

PSA GF3 is concentric for me, runs suppressed flawlessly. I got tired of tinkering with 7.62x39 in an AR and finally got an AK. I’m sure there are those who have success with it in ARs but it’s not for me. I don’t have any experience with KS47. I have nothing but good things to say about the GF3 though

Back
Top Bottom