• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK47's Where do you start with them? WASR?

Heard a lot of good thing about the TGI imports. With 12.5 barrel the original AMD break makes sense and looks good.
I might have to look for a used one now.

10thmountain 10thmountain

I would reccomend you look into a rifle called the m90pn. It is an imported serbian ak that has been adapted to use AR magazines, has an adjustable gas block and is chambered in 5.56/2.23. It has a chrome lined chamber and 20" barrel. The reciever is 1.5mm rpk style.

Its also been reviewed by the AKOU

IMG_1939.JPG
I just felt like dumping this picture of my AMD65 somewhere
View attachment 1185573
That's nice. I like mine

Hey now! Nothing wrong with a 20" service rifle! Lol
You're right although I've never owned anything but 16" carbine length ARs. The AR market is soft actually pretty weak now because so many companies are building them now. I just saw where Savage has an AR now and so does Taurus. Plus the fact that rank amateurs like me can build one on the kitchen table doesn't help the value. You can't build any variation of AK without some specialized tools and a good bit of skill.
I owned a WASR about 3 years ago when they had just jumped from $450.00 guns to about $600.00. My sights were okay but the first impression I got was that it was kinda crude and they must let Romanians drink on the job. Metal surplus mags seemed kinda loose in it. The Tapco it came with actually fit better. The LOP on the factory stock was way short . So if you're tall you will need to go with a better stock. I went with a Tapco side folder even though I usually hate Tapco products. It worked out pretty good. All that being said the WASR never failed to perform. I would love another one.

Back
Top Bottom