• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alabama Oklahoma

It was a good game and Alabama won, but to say they set them straight is a stupid gesture, but I always consider the source. 35 to 28 is not setting someone straight. Actually it's like by the skin of their teeth.

Set them straight as in Georgia was not the best team in the country because they lost. That's a fact. Also, Georgia lost to LSU. Alabama beat LSU as well. I don't know what sources you favor, but I think those are valid points. If I thought Georgia was the best team in the country, which is a possibility next season, I will say so. My opinion isn't worth much, but I'm not blind to facts.

The score wasn't as close as it looked. Bama has trailed for a total of three minutes in four of the five playoff games they've been in. Now just waiting to see Texas wipe Georgia's tail on Tuesday so they'll finally quit their whining that they should have been in the playoffs.

Pump the brakes bigun, don't go betting the farm on texas

I am a UGA fan. I want that to be clear. I do not believe UGA belonged, under the current rules, in the final four....period. They had their chance, but loses to LSU and Alabama put them out, not the Championship committee. With the exception of the final four bowl games, the rest of the bowls mean nothing...yep nothing. LSU will play in a bowl game with I believe 5 of their starters out because they are opting for the NFL and they are not the only team with star players sitting out the bowl games. Bowl games, again with the exception of the final four bowl games, are nothing more than exhibition games and a chance for the teams involved to get in more practices for their younger players. Whether Texas beats Georgia, or Georgia beats Texas, LSU beats UCF or UCF beats LSU will mean nothing for next year.
With that being said, do I believe UGA could beat ND, yes I do, but as I stated earlier, I am a UGA fan.
BTW, I am not a fan of the final four becoming the final eight. Leave the system as it is. Yes, the system is flawed, but there will always be flaws in any system you pick. Of course, this is just my opinion and what do I know? lol

Set them straight as in Georgia was not the best team in the country because they lost. That's a fact. Also, Georgia lost to LSU. Alabama beat LSU as well. I don't know what sources you favor, but I think those are valid points. If I thought Georgia was the best team in the country, which is a possibility next season, I will say so. My opinion isn't worth much, but I'm not blind to facts.
You’re right on one count your opinion isn’t with much and to beat all you realize that. Well put.

Simply put Alabama is the best team, but all in all as I said before Ga. played them better by far than any other team, hands down. As another has said I didn't agree how the final four played out but it is what it is. Truly politics put that together not statistics.

Should have been Georgia again. They are the only team that has Bama on their heels. Just need to learn how to finish. In other news, ND has no business running with the big dawgs. Ouch!
Damn it man this is football. After 12 game regular season there is not a player out there that ain't hurting somewhere. It is also on a collegiate level where what they are learning SHOULD be more important than how many yards rushing. Calls for an 8 team playoff? The 4 team playoff has been pretty good determining who is #1. We can argue 2,3,4th. Ga knew they had to beat Ala to get in before the coin was flipped. Be the best, beat the best. They had their chance.

GA played their best against AL and AL won. I'm a dawg fan through and through but we got beat by a better team. We did however show up and make a good showing of ourselves. I'm looking forward to stomping TX and a great season next year. I would have picked GA to take ND or OK even if our record wasnt as good. I hope Bama beats Clemson. ACC, pppphhhfffttttt!!!!

Back
Top Bottom