• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alabama Trip

georgia357

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
My wife and her sister are going to Alabama this weekend and would like to carry a pistol with them. Neither has a current Ga. carry license. Can anybody tell me what the restrictions are for having a pistol in the car and in the hotel? If I'm not mistaken, in Ga. they can carry in the car the same as in the house. Thanks in advance for any information.

Honestly, partner, rather than relying on folks here, I would look up the Alabama laws for carrying. I was traveling in Alabama years ago and they were a bit restricitive unless you had a CCW and were traveling through the state to elsewhere. Their laws may have changed ince I traveled there, so if I was going back, I would look them up. It would suck to get into needless trouble, thinking you are doing the right thing, and threaten your ability to protect yourself.

Honestly, partner, rather than relying on folks here, I would look up the Alabama laws for carrying. I was traveling in Alabama years ago and they were a bit restricitive unless you had a CCW and were traveling through the state to elsewhere. Their laws may have changed ince I traveled there, so if I was going back, I would look them up. It would suck to get into needless trouble, thinking you are doing the right thing, and threaten your ability to protect yourself.

I'll be doing that too, just wanted to see if anybody might have been to Alabama recently. Thinking about calling the ASP but not too sure how reliable that would be. I called the SCSP a few years ago about carrying while in SC and got two different answers.

Back
Top Bottom