• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

%alabama

I will give props to Georgia for being one of the best Div. 1 teams this season, but arguing about being in the top 4 after losing to LSU and Bama just doesn't make any sense. How many teams so far have landed in the top 4 since the playoffs began with two losses? I think that answer is none, but you stat pros correct me if I'm wrong.

I will give props to Georgia for being one of the best Div. 1 teams this season, but arguing about being in the top 4 after losing to LSU and Bama just doesn't make any sense. How many teams so far have landed in the top 4 since the playoffs began with two losses? I think that answer is none, but you stat pros correct me if I'm wrong.

Your right the answer is none. But if the committee wanted the 4 BEST teams UGA should have made it. They lost to LSU who finished 11th and of course the #1 team in the country. When LSU lost to Bama they dropped maybe 3 or 4 spots if that. But COMPARED to the other teams with everything at play minus Clemson UGA has a better overall resume, to me.

Your right the answer is none. But if the committee wanted the 4 BEST teams UGA should have made it. They lost to LSU who finished 11th and of course the #1 team in the country. When LSU lost to Bama they dropped maybe 3 or 4 spots if that. But COMPARED to the other teams with everything at play minus Clemson UGA has a better overall resume, to me.
I can understand the argument about Bama getting in last year without a conference championship, but they still got in with only one loss. If the committee starts inviting 2 loss teams into the playoff picture, they know that would open a Pandora's box with more two loss teams, and I'm sure they would rather not let that happen. To me it's more logical saying that the loss to LSU as convincing as it was ended up being Georgia's black eye, not the loss to Bama.

I can understand the argument about Bama getting in last year without a conference championship, but they still got in with only one loss. If the committee starts inviting 2 loss teams into the playoff picture, they know that would open a Pandora's box with more two loss teams, and I'm sure they would rather not let that happen. To me it's more logical saying that the loss to LSU as convincing as it was ended up being Georgia's black eye, not the loss to Bama.

Trust me, the loss to Bama they can overlook, it’s the loss to LSU that knocked them out, but why they got ahead of 12-1 conference champion Ohio St. says a little something...... if not then Ohio St should have jumped UGA as well if conference championships mattered, (solely) that’s why I was saying Georgia’s whole “Body of Work” is better. SOS, game control ranked teams they played. Oklahoma played 3 ranked teams whereas UGA played 6. Again, only my outside opinion and I agree about Bama getting in without a conference win, that was something they decided, as a committee to do which shocked and pissed people off but again the they want the 4 best teams UGA should be in there.

Trust me, the loss to Bama they can overlook, it’s the loss to LSU that knocked them out, but why they got ahead of 12-1 conference champion Ohio St. says a little something...... if not then Ohio St should have jumped UGA as well if conference championships mattered, (solely) that’s why I was saying Georgia’s whole “Body of Work” is better. SOS, game control ranked teams they played. Oklahoma played 3 ranked teams whereas UGA played 6. Again, only my outside opinion and I agree about Bama getting in without a conference win, that was something they decided, as a committee to do which shocked and pissed people off but again the they want the 4 best teams UGA should be in there.

I've heard that the committee literally has one set of criteria - "pick the four best teams". As far as I know, they have no parameters around wins/losses or conference championships. No doubt UGA is one of those. However, I think things like match-ups come into play, even though they shouldn't. The committee wasn't about to make UGA and Bama play again as 1 and 4, and they would have had to do it.

6c82434ea01d18ca950f544087bce347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom