• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alaskan Old Growth Trees need protection

also again never understood how so many like to talk trash about "tree huggers" yet talk about how we need to preserve nature and our resources for future generations :confused:.

its like they hear about from a liberal and then all they hear is TREE HUGGERS CUT EM DOWN!!!! but if its a conservative telling them the same thing, then we gots to save our legacy for the younguns!!! what a joke

how exactly would this be stealing? and a large portion of the public would prefer these to stay right where they at so theres going to be some differing opinion if this makes anything "great".

i personally would vote and prefer they leave all old growth forests alone.

The resource is to be managed, not wasted. Trees die, it is part of their life cycle. These enviro-terrorists think trees live forever and have feelings. They don't.

When I built my house it was impossible to source US grown lumber because of these eco-wackos,, I had to buy lumber from Canadian trees as the US lumber industry was under attack by these activists, shutting them down. Not only that, but US employees lose jobs and careers so these libs get their feel good on.

Use US resources in the US, don't lock it away and let it rot.

The resource is to be managed, not wasted. Trees die, it is part of their life cycle. These enviro-terrorists think trees live forever and have feelings. They don't.

When I built my house it was impossible to source US grown lumber because of these eco-wackos,, I had to buy lumber from Canadian trees as the US lumber industry was under attack by these activists, shutting them down. Not only that, but US employees lose jobs and careers so these libs get their feel good on.

Use US resources in the US, don't lock it away and let it rot.

correct and those trees rot and provide nutrients back into teh cycle, no tree lasts forever and only and idiot would believe that but MANY ecologists have argued the importance of these old growth forests and the benifits have been shown countless times. I also highly believe already managed new growth forests would be significantly more economical to cut than these old growths located for the most part in the middle of damn no where.

This is not an attack on teh lumber industry as a whole as it is needed but it does not need old growth forests for ANY reason. Also the local economy is based more on hunting and fishing which hurting these old forests would also hurt so dont go wailing about jobs becuase some created in one area can mean just as many lost in another. If the locals dont want it then that should be a clear sign.

And resources can mean enjoyed by the public, not necessarily dollars in someones pockets. I would much rather have forests to enjoy than an extra tax break. Nothing is being locked away to rot, just protected so it can be enjoyed by all.

Why not tree farm our timber and save the old growth forest for hunting and fishing????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_farm

Why vastly increase the cost of a product and end up with an inferior product after all that work? Old growth lumber is far superior to the fast growtn softwood you are advocating.

It uis a natural RESOURCE, not a keepsake. USE it as God intended. And that land is not accessible for hunting and fishing thanks to the treehuggers locking it away to "preserve it".

Why vastly increase the cost of a product and end up with an inferior product after all that work? Old growth lumber is far superior to the fast growtn softwood you are advocating.

It uis a natural RESOURCE, not a keepsake. USE it as God intended. And that land is not accessible for hunting and fishing thanks to the treehuggers locking it away to "preserve it".
So all that farmed woods is no good now huh? Also would like to do more research about the hunting and fishing as I would suspect you very well could use it for that with regulations just like our forests

What do you need the old growth quality for? National defense? Framing for a new subdivision? a fancy toy?

Why do we need more than one grade of paint, carpet, flooring, tile, shingles, concrete, etc.? And, yes, old growth lumber is preferred/required for some defense applications.

Back
Top Bottom