• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alaskan Old Growth Trees need protection

View attachment 1421775 You can stumble around on the East coast yer whole life and never see wood like this.
I read a book about the underlying issues of the American revolution. One of the military needs back in the day was naval vessels which were made out of wood. One of the critical parts is the bow where the sides come together at the bow. They would use the crotch of a full size tree to tie the two sides together. So the bow of a boat consisted of a stack of these unique chunks of wood and were necessary for boat building.
One of the complaints of the Americans was that Britain would send teams over here who razed entire forests and took only the critical crotch of the tree. There were entire ships whose only cargo was these future bow pieces.
The Americans couldn’t have a boat building industry or a navy if they could not have the raw materials to produce them

Busines was allowed there. Forrest should have been transferred to AK 30 years ago. It was not. Lands around it should have been transferred to AK. They were not.
Again, if you do not know what you are talking about, stop.

were not talking about should the land have been transferred. I have already agreed that it most likely should have been. thats not the issue here, the issue is should these forests be allowed to be harvested. In my opinion the answer to that is no, and that answer would be teh same even if AK did indeed own those lands. We then moved onto the evolution of industry, none of this requires knowledge of living in AK. Now if you want to argue that the locals would prefer it be open for lumber then i would agree that living there would give you a better knowledge of the facts but thats not what we are discussing at this moment.

To make it more clear, i would argue that no old growth forest should be cut down ANYWHERE in the US.

I read a book about the underlying issues of the American revolution. One of the military needs back in the day was naval vessels which were made out of wood. One of the critical parts is the bow where the sides come together at the bow. They would use the crotch of a full size tree to tie the two sides together. So the bow of a boat consisted of a stack of these unique chunks of wood and were necessary for boat building.
One of the complaints of the Americans was that Britain would send teams over here who razed entire forests and took only the critical crotch of the tree. There were entire ships whose only cargo was these future bow pieces.
The Americans couldn’t have a boat building industry or a navy if they could not have the raw materials to produce them
This is one reason why the government originally took over Cumberland Island.

I'm no tree hugger by ANY stretch of the imagination, but if you wanna get rid of these old growth trees in Alaska you might as well be all for cutting down all those giant redwoods in Cali cause you know....they're in a libturd state. Smmfh.....

Get rid of the rest of what remains of the Amazon Rain Forest while you're at it, we don't really need that pesky old oxygen anyway. Geez.....

Back
Top Bottom