• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcohol deals for trade fodder.

Who knew? :noidea: I figured Macon was more of a Thunderbird market.
I should doubt very seriously that the locals will have anything I want to trade for..... Unless.....I suddenly develop and urge for gold teeth, 32" rims on my whip or a color shift paint job.

You honestly think people will be friendly enough to trade in peace if it came down to it? Would you literally set up shop and let someone you don’t know just walk up to you when SHTF?

I say skip it all and invest in long term water supplies, verify your scope dope regularly, and prepare your brain to do the unthinkable when it matters most. But you are Comanche Comanche so you already know what’s up! Just admit it, the booze and smokes are for your personal use when SHTF lol
In real life SHTF events where society completely collapsed, markets have formed.

I was planning on writing the something similar.
If anyone thinks there will be honorable traders left more than 3 days after electricity and running water stops you will have everything including your life taken from you.

Strength in numbers.
Things have been traded successfully during total collapse where people had to act like animals to survive.

Anyone know of good deals on decent spirits/whiskey in smaller trade fodder containers that would be fairly reasonable to purchase in bulk .
Not the baby airplane bottles but maybe a pint sized or half pint bottles.
Also need ideas on tobacco.

I’m thinking buying bulk tobacco and papers would be much much more affordable than cigarettes and easier to keep fresh in mason jars or vac sealer.
Please consider everclear. It is what I stock. Antiseptic quality. Can be diluted. Add a little to water to make it safer to drink even. It burns, too. Backup fuel or...otherwise. I keep it because a bottle can make cocktails for an entire evening of guests. But I have recently thought bout stockpiling.

As for tobacco check out roll your own tobacco. They can be found in huge size bags. Not normally more than $20 for a huge bag. Get a vacuum sealer and some dessicant and it should be kosher.

Please consider everclear. It is what I stock. Antiseptic quality. Can be diluted. Add a little to water to make it safer to drink even. It burns, too. Backup fuel or...otherwise. I keep it because a bottle can make cocktails for an entire evening of guests. But I have recently thought bout stockpiling.

As for tobacco check out roll your own tobacco. They can be found in huge size bags. Not normally more than $20 for a huge bag. Get a vacuum sealer and some dessicant and it should be kosher.
Rolling a good Virginia blend tobacco cigarette isn't difficult and it stores well. I smoked years ago and would roll my own when a pack of Marlboros reached $4.25 in San Francisco. You can buy machines to roll them and filters are cheap if you want to use them.

Rolling a good Virginia blend tobacco cigarette isn't difficult and it stores well. I smoked years ago and would roll my own when a pack of Marlboros reached $4.25 in San Francisco. You can buy machines to roll them and filters are cheap if you want to use them.
Exactly. Used to be a little lady in the neighborhood who would roll em and sell em to us youngins, .25c per too. She must have made a killing.

Back
Top Bottom