• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcoholism what to do?

I am an alcoholic. Sober since 2012 THANKS GOD.

Your friend CANNOT be helped until he wants to be. I practiced drinking for many years and never quite got it right. Some people can drink. I cannot. It was so bad I would drink a fifth every night. Straightup. Drink till I passed out and my hands shook the next day.

ALCOHOL cost me A LOT. My marriage, my DL several times, never mind the fines and the fees.

I was referred to an outpatient treatment program that centered on IVs for brain health. I believe it helped. AA helped as much or more afterwards. Only another addict understands an addict. Just as I believe you don't understand the homeless until you are.

SO, one day at a time. Pray for your friend. Lift him up to GOD who knows our thoughts.

I will pray for him as well. Call on him daily and make sure he has local AA phone numbers. There are meetings all day long in the ATL.

PM me anytime. He can call me anytime if he wants someone to talk to. BUT, the decision is his.
Congrats on your sobriety and thanks for your testimony.

I am an alcoholic, I quit on my own Jan 3rd 1992 and never looked back. Its a personal decision and all the pleading falls on deaf ears you know you cant tell a drunk a damn thing they know it all.

This is it. He’s been hard headed since 6th grade. He always has to win the argument. He was on the debate team in highschool. So when he’s hammered it’s amped up 100x. It’s everyone else’s fault why he drinks.

Got a few close family members and friends that hit rock bottom and back several times before finally getting sober for good. All in there mid to late 30's before sobering up for good.

Alcoholism is hell, but I've seen plenty make a full comeback in a short period. Meth and coke heads never rarely ever come back, even if they sober up they're still weird as **** to be around.

My father started drinking several years before I was born. I still can't understand what made a man who had everything drink. He had a job, a wife, and friends. But at some moment, the new company of alcoholics became more interesting to him. He has been drinking for 25 years and taking breaks for several months. Then he drinks non-stop again for three weeks. He says he wants to fix it. He even went to a church that specializes in helping people with addiction. If you ask me, I'd like to take advantage of this program https://fherehab.com/resources/staging-an-intervention. Apparently, it's an exclusively medical matter.

My father started drinking several years before I was born. I still can't understand what made a man who had everything drink. He had a job, a wife, and friends
Seen this too many times myself. Having it all and then "checking out" with booze and/drugs.

Back
Top Bottom