• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Algae in pond

Busch Lite

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice on what type of fish to get that will help get rid off algae in a pond? What type of fish? Where can I get them?
I was told to get Plecostomus that have some size to the them so the bass don’t eat them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

White grass eating carp . buy them 8 to 10 inches long maybe the bass will not eat them , they double there weight each year depending on how much they have to eat , you can fertilize your pond that will help with the algae , Ladds here in Cartersville sells the carp but I would think you could find the closer to Ellijay

I'm pretty sure plecos are not native to north america, so not good to introduce.
Can anyone give me some advice on what type of fish to get that will help get rid off algae in a pond? What type of fish? Where can I get them?
I was told to get Plecostomus that have some size to the them so the bass don’t eat them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Blue bio balls Blue bio balls was referring to the plecos mentioned by the OP. Releasing plecos into a pond is not a good idea. Doubt Tropical fish would survive the winter’s here anyway.
pretty sure our winter would kill them , that's why we don't have alligators in N GA .. I did see one I Washington county last year.

There is a chemical you can add. it is in a 1 gallon bottle and looks like a jug line floating out in the pond. I can’t remember the name but your county extension agent should know.

There is a chemical you can add. it is in a 1 gallon bottle and looks like a jug line floating out in the pond. I can’t remember the name but your county extension agent should know.
Chemical algae killer works great, if used right kill it in sections, if you kill it all at once when it dies it will deplete the oxygen levels in he water enough to kill your fish , just be careful with it

Back
Top Bottom