• PITA Approved Veggie Tacos

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

3rd Rail

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
36   0
Reaction score
I use some of the early version Tucks and and thy have worked just fine.
Am curious what advantages the 3.0, 3.5 and ShapeShift versions offer.

Also, noticed my carry has shifted from 4 o’clock to 5-6. Should I consider a LH version? Feels like drawing RH from a LH holster risks shooting my self in the hip.

Planing to order a couple of new holsters for a full size P320.

Please note although I appreciate everyone’s advice I’d like to hear from those who carry weekly or daily.
Thanks in advance.

I won't buy another Alien Gear. I bought the original cloak tuck and used it for 5 years. I asked them to replace the leather and said I'd rather have the cloak tuck 3.5 instead of the newer thinner material, they upgraded me for $15. It's a great holster. The tool-less clips are a great addition. I then bought two more cloak tuck 3.5 for other pistols that weren't a G19, their hand made (not their injection molded) kydex looks like hell and would not work out of the box(bag). I sent both of the new purchased holsters back. One was for a Glock 30 and the other was for a CZ P-09. Neither would fit the gun out of the bag without serious modification and I would never ever carry with them. Their injection molded stuff is good to go but the hand made or folded kydex ones I got were awful. The rep I talked to said they only do injection molding for a few pistols. A holster for a specific pistol should fit when it leaves the factory.

I'd ask if there P320 is injection molded or hand made. I carry every day all day. I'd look at Gearcraft or Blackpoint Tactical, I really like having two clips with the BPT mini-wing. Also, the Raven concealment "Claw" makes a difference for me carrying at 3:00-5:00. It really turns the grip of the pistol in so it doesn't stick out of your shirt.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-in-1-Holster-IWB-AIWB-Kydex-Holster-w-RCS-Claw-Appendix-Adjustable-Cant/223113441669?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 <<<< this holster turned out to be a great holster for my Glock 30, especially for the money. Be careful with eBay though, there's a lot of garbage holsters on there too.

CA84AA73-2BC1-4336-9827-9FBDAE9D9859.jpeg
Some updates for you.
Bought another tuck 3.0 in brown for FNS40. I don’t care for this brown leather version - need to wear a T-shirt. However, this hand formed shell works just fine.

Also I’ve swapped some shells.
Swapped G34 for G19 injection molded. Happy with this molded version although Ive been content with the hand formed G19 too.

Swapped the G19 old style for P320 Full Sized hand formed. I’m using this on an old Tuck 3.0 in black. The shell fits just fine. However the Sig is a bit too big for my IWB preference. G19 is as big as I like to carry - at least in hot weather.

The latest is I picked up a Gear Craft for G19 and have been wearing it for a couple of days. It’s a different style and has not been quite as comfortable as the Tucks.

Considering a shapeshifter in G19 next.

Btw pics left to right are
FNS 40 OWB Brown Leather
P320FS IWB Brown Leather Tuck 3.0
G19 IWB Black Tuck 3.0
G19 Gear Craft

View attachment 2243415 Some updates for you.
Bought another tuck 3.0 in brown for FNS40. I don’t care for this brown leather version - need to wear a T-shirt. However, this hand formed shell works just fine.

Also I’ve swapped some shells.
Swapped G34 for G19 injection molded. Happy with this molded version although Ive been content with the hand formed G19 too.

Swapped the G19 old style for P320 Full Sized hand formed. I’m using this on an old Tuck 3.0 in black. The shell fits just fine. However the Sig is a bit too big for my IWB preference. G19 is as big as I like to carry - at least in hot weather.

The latest is I picked up a Gear Craft for G19 and have been wearing it for a couple of days. It’s a different style and has not been quite as comfortable as the Tucks.

Considering a shapeshifter in G19 next.

Btw pics left to right are
FNS 40 OWB Brown Leather
P320FS IWB Brown Leather Tuck 3.0
G19 IWB Black Tuck 3.0
G19 Gear Craft
3rd Rail 3rd Rail - thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom