• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All Call, Member help

prickly... sorry I’m not on about y’all’s “halos” lol

If a group of odt’ers decided to “well check” me by getting my deets from old trades I wouldn’t be happy.

:noidea:

What is "deets"? Also "halos"?
I have contact informationfrom several members here and have made extremely close friends with many. You seem to be pitching gas on a fire... or your have other motives?

Same. It's a thin line.

seems some people see it and just try to cut it..

What is "deets"? Also "halos"?
I have contact informationfrom several members here and have made extremely close friends with many. You seem to be pitching gas on a fire... or your have other motives?

deets- personal details
halos- referring to people saying you were a very good guy (“your HALO is glowing”)

I never questioned your intentions. I’m just saying if someone came and asked me for the phone number of someone I traded with, I’d tell them to pound sand. I don’t share other people info without permission.

And I’m pretty sure that rOm was agreeing with me

I'm not trying to "cut" anything. I'm just saying that it's a thin line between trying to help somebody out and giving away personal information without one's consent. Good for you for looking out for the guy. I'm just with NAnder on this. Unless it was someone I trusted and knew really well, I'm not sure I'd pass along someone's number without their consent and if someone gave mine out without my consent, I'd be irritated.

I'm not trying to "cut" anything. I'm just saying that it's a thin line between trying to help somebody out and giving away personal information without one's consent. Good for you for looking out for the guy. I'm just with NAnder on this. Unless it was someone I trusted and knew really well, I'm not sure I'd pass along someone's number without their consent and if someone gave mine out without my consent, I'd be irritated.
Well the thought was that someone the party knew would contact them not so much just throwing peoples numbers into the air.
We used to call that "Buddy Checks".

Back
Top Bottom