• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All Stocked Up And No Where To Go

Being that cases of 7.62x39 ammo (Golden Tiger) weigh 40lbs each, I had spread the 30 cases around the house to spread the weight. I figured I make some of them do dual purpose, so I turned 16 of them into a fire screen for the fire place. Something to consider...

GT2.jpg

GT3.JPG

GT1.jpg

What are you getting at? The guy said people are buying ammo from Academy for a reasonable price and selling it here for a profit. They buy the ammo at $.30 and sell here for $.60 a round. That is selling for a profit. Even if I bought the ammo before Covid for $9 a box of 50 rounds, if I sell it for more than what I paid for it is a profit. And if I bought a case of 1k for $219 before the virus, selling it here for $500 is a true example of pure avarice. If you know you're sitting on a mountain of ammo, think about someone else who might be in need. I can't tell no one what to do with their stuff, but there is a difference between helping and exploiting being an opportunist. If you're in it to make money, start a business to make legal profits. Just my 2 cents

No difference one of my few friends is so pside down in credit card debt because he maxed out all his cards to buy ammo and guess what now he can’t pay his bill. Like I told him he doesn’t have the fortress to last long enough to shoot 50k rds. I asked him “ if shtf would you let me into the house and he said “of course” I said “bam” all your ammo is mine!

But yes seen a lot a lot of people buying low and selling high. Can’t stop them. Did a deal with a member that sold a ton of 556, 9mm and 45 and when they came to pick it up they said “I’m going to sale half and it will pay for the rest” Can’t stop it but it will hopefully settle down.

Do you know what else is a thing of the past? Ammo prices from 9 months ago. Are you expecting people to sell you their ammo for under market value because you FAILED to stock up?

No fail buddy. Over 16K rounds between 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, 308 and12 gauge. What you cant see is the crate of Chinees 7.62x39 armor piercing ammo that was banned over 30 years ago still unopened and worth a small chunk of money. Still buying 5.56 @ $0.40 per round which is 9 month ago prices. No I'm not selling because I'm not going to be that guy. This is just my rifle and shotgun ammo.

Attachments

• 20200317_060228[1].jpg
    20200317_060228[1].jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom