• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All Stocked Up And No Where To Go

Do you know what else is a thing of the past? Ammo prices from 9 months ago. Are you expecting people to sell you their ammo for under market value because you FAILED to stock up?

Again no fail on my part. Pistol ammo 9mm, 38 and .357mag (in the boxes labeled 45acp which I already shot up before selling all my .45acp pistols) and .22lr. Not sure what I have but one of the full cans of 9mm is 1000 rounds of 147gr and the other four cans of 9mm are mostly full 115 and 147 grain totaling roughly 3k rounds of 9mm. Oh ya also have about eight 50 round boxes in my safe that I recently purchased from Academy Sports for $0.30 a round or $14.99 per box which is 9 month ago prices so add that to my total. The five ammo cans to the far left are full with bulk packs of .22lr. The cans are all full which is why I have .22lr boxes sitting on top of the cans and not in them. I would add a pic of all my pistols, rifles and shotguns but like so many other people I lost them in a boating accident along with the safe that I had that was full top to bottom with magazines for my scary black rifles and their commie enemy brothers know as AK47 in various calibers.

Attachments

• 20200317_060022[1].jpg
    20200317_060022[1].jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 22
Again no fail on my part. Pistol ammo 9mm, 38 and .357mag and .22lr. Not sure what I have but one of the full cans of 9mm is 1000 rounds of 147gr and the other four cans of 9mm are mostly full 115 and 147 grain totaling roughly 3k rounds of 9mm. Oh ya also have about eight 50 round boxes in my safe so add that to my total. The five ammo cans to the far left are full with bulk packs of .22lr. The cans are all full which is why I have .22lr boxes sitting on top of the cans and not in them. I would add a pick of all my pistols, rifles and shotguns but like so many other people I lost them in a boating accident along with the safe that I had that was full top to bottom with magazines for my scary black rifles and their commie enemy rifles.
*insert "those are rookie numbers" meme*

Being that cases of 7.62x39 ammo (Golden Tiger) weigh 40lbs each, I had spread the 30 cases around the house to spread the weight. I figured I make some of them do dual purpose, so I turned 16 of them into a fire screen for the fire place. Something to consider...

View attachment 2943928

View attachment 2943929

View attachment 2943930

I have 3k of GT myself. Never fired any because its part of my stock pile. I like that they seal the bullet and sealed primer for long term storage. I picked mine up from SGammo years ago for less than $300 per case delivered.

Edit to add now that I have thought about it I think the GT was $220 per 1k plus a flat rate shipping of around $20 which is why I bought 3 cases. I should have bought more.

*insert "those are rookie numbers" meme*

Maybe so compared to what I see some people with but its the point I'm proving to someone that claims I'm butt hurt because I failed to stock up before this panic and they don't even know me or what I have. Typical innerweb mentality. Plus I get free ammo from time to time do to my job so this is just my personnel rainy day supply.

How the hell are you intending to carry or use that much ammo. I’m a trained infantry soldier. I have 250 9mm,40 .308, 50 380, 5 mags .223 with some back up. Thousands of .22 and 2-300 .17hmr. I feel I’m good cause who falls is getting looted so I don’t have to buy a bunch. If I run out of my ammo then their guns become mine with ammo.

Maybe so compared to what I see some people with but its the point I'm proving to someone that claims I'm butt hurt because I failed to stock up before this panic and they don't even know me or what I have. Typical innerweb mentality. Plus I get free ammo from time to time do to my job so this is just my personnel rainy day supply.
The comment wasn't directed at anyone in general. Take a breath.

How the hell are you intending to carry or use that much ammo. I’m a trained infantry soldier. I have 250 9mm,40 .308, 50 380, 5 mags .223 with some back up. Thousands of .22 and 2-300 .17hmr. I feel I’m good cause who falls is getting looted so I don’t have to buy a bunch. If I run out of my ammo then their guns become mine with ammo.

My friends all know that if the SHTF they come to my place and start loading magazines. I may or may not have enough magazines to keep people loading for a good while but I'll never tell.

I carry what I need for training to the range. I leave the surplus at the house. Do you eat everything in your pantry every day and re-stock, or do you just cook enough for one meal?

I carry what I need for training to the range. I leave the surplus at the house. Do you eat everything in your pantry every day and re-stock, or do you just cook enough for one meal?
I have a build to. My point is why hoard? You certainly don’t expect to shoot that much. For one it’s a waist of money to buy something you have no at time use for. If I get into my “stash” I replenish it. Nothing wrong with it, just don’t understand the failed logic.

Back
Top Bottom