• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All the lumens...

Thanks for the post. I'm going to have to delve deeper into the link you posted. kuduman kuduman . From what I was understanding the "warm" have a higher CRI so they more closely resemble natural light or sunlight. I'm sure it's way more technical but that's my take. I guess my question would be does the the higher CRI led's work the same with emitter/reflector sizes as do cool led's?

IE- would an 800 Lumen warm light (3300 CRI) have the same throw as an 800 Lumen cool light (6000 CRI) light?

I feel 800 Lumens, is ample for distance of 300m, but is that effective distance of 300m?

I said "warm", but I really meant neutral. They do indeed have a higher CRI, if that's the color rendition number, though I usually see that on a 100-point scale, not one that looks like Kelvin color temp. They're the same size as the others, but generally they cost more, as there's less demand-- and I think they may cost more to produce. I think that will eventually change-- there's no comparison; the blue ones stink, and once seen them side-by-side, you'll want nothing but neutral afterwards.

What you want is either a Thrunite Catapult, or something like the Nitecore P16. The Catapult is bigger (like 2.5" head), but yeah, it'll useably light stuff up at hundreds of meters. You can unscrew the various body sections, and run it on two rechargeable 123-equivalent batteries, and get full brightness, though the runtime will obviously be short compared to two 18650s.

Go to Going Gear, and do some comparing. They'll know exactly what to show you. You want the one with the brightest "hotspot" on a wall.

Back
Top Bottom