• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All these glocks

At the Instructor Workshop in Smyrna I was at a few months ago, they said that it was going to be a modular rifle platform, from their description somewhat like the ACR.

NO NO NO! It's going to be a pistol caliber carbine like the kel-tec that will take Glock pistol mags, and I will have no use for it.

Seriously man, don't tell me things like that. My checking account can't handle it.

NO NO NO! It's going to be a pistol caliber carbine like the kel-tec that will take Glock pistol mags, and I will have no use for it.

Seriously man, don't tell me things like that. My checking account can't handle it.

Their main firearms Instructor is who told us.... said originally it was going to be a bullpup till the U.S. division told Austria it would never fly here.

Going to bed now with visions of trick TRP's dancing in my head. Maybe I have a few glocks to spare. Lemme go dig around in the couch cushions and see what I come up with.

To get to sleep sometimes I will try to get the room real dark, shut off all noise, & pretend to count the brass coming out of my M-4 during a simulated multiple hostile threat engagement from behind cover right before a bolt locked to the rear reload.... "24, 25, 26, 27, ZZzzzz".

Their main firearms Instructor is who told us.... said originally it was going to be a bullpup till the U.S. division told Austria it would never fly here.

I'll just have to wait and see. I have never been the band wagon type, and don't jump on the latest greatest thing just because everybody else is. I carried 1911's for a long time because I hadn't found anything out there that I was more effective with. Once I discovered how much more effective I could be with a Glock, I dove in with both feet and haven't looked back. I know a ton of people are fond of the new Smiths, and they seem like great guns, but they don't offer me anything over and above what I get out of a Glock, so I have no use transitioning to them.

I have been the same way with rifles. I have been shooting DI carbines with carbine length gas systems for a while now, and would like to think I am effective with them. I have played with the fads as they came out, but stuck with my preferred system. I have yet to see an advantage for me in the piston guns, so I haven't made any attempts to enter that market. I suppose if I shot a lot suppressed it might be worth a closer look, but as of right now I don't have any issue with DI, I know my guns well, I have a ton of spare parts, so I don't see a reason to change. The mid length fad almost got me, had I not had 8 or 9 carbines at the time, I may have made the change. In the end it just was not cost effective to swap them all over, and again I just didn't see that big of an advantage.

All that said. Every Glock product I have ever put my hands on has absolutely amazed me in the ruggedness and quality of it. From my various model pistols, to the knife they produce, to that stupid shovel they put out. I even got to give it to them for their light. While it may look cheap and junky, the friggen thing is water proof. I don't know if my TLR-1 is waterproof, but I am not about to find out. I am pretty sure my TLR-1 would not be able to survive being run over as the glock light can.

If Glock puts out a rifle caliber carbine, I will give it a serious look, and may even purchase one to play with it a while. If Glock sticks with their current business model it will probably be priced about equal to a DI carbine anyway. Heck, it may even come in DPMS cheap. I don't know if I will see enough of an advantage to it to make the switch, but if it comes out of Smyrna, I know it will be worth looking into.

Same here to the last word on all that you said. I have been carrying Glocks since 1992 & haven't seen any reason to change.

During classes, I shoot & help people shoot every possible platform but my Glocks are always on my side.

Anything new I like to be out at least a year or two to get all the bugs worked out before I even want to try it.

Same here to the last word on all that you said. I have been carrying Glocks since 1992 & haven't seen any reason to change.

During classes, I shoot & help people shoot every possible platform but my Glocks are always on my side.

Anything new I like to be out at least a year or two to get all the bugs worked out before I even want to try it.

Are you my twin???:scared:

Back
Top Bottom