• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Allatoona Dam & Thompson Weinman Dam ...

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Anyone fish those waters? Looks really nice and interesting when the dam is not generating. What species have you caught? Wade? Kayak? Trout in there?

1644502441161.png

1644502484816.png

Do get caught on the banks at Thompson weiman. They prosecute no questions ask. Stay in you vessel. You can get in at Riverside day use area boat ramp to go between them
I'll be happy to discuss it and offer what information I know
I thought you could float from day use below toona fish to the thompson and tote your yaks around it to keep going?

I thought you could float from day use below toona fish to the thompson and tote your yaks around it to keep going?
Some say you can now but if the no trespassing signs are up, I wouldn't try it! I know they've always charged without warning but the south side of the river (left side if you're floating down stream to the little dam) could have a new owner that don't mind. We always get it at the day area and go to the little dam and then go back up to the starting point, if we're fishing. If we want to fish or float below the little dam we get in at someone's house in the Waterford or at the bridge at douthit ferry rd.

Anyone fish those waters? Looks really nice and interesting when the dam is not generating. What species have you caught? Wade? Kayak? Trout in there?

View attachment 3972645

View attachment 3972651
Stripper and catfish mostly

So let's go when the strippers start running?
Far as I'm concerned you two should join us as long as everyone gets along or can be civil.. I'm sure that's no problem.

Back
Top Bottom