• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Allatoona Lake Corp of Eng.

You can hunt along Allatoona Creek primarily, out Mars Hill. They have a map that marks all of the areas, or they did last time I hunted Corp land. Of course the areas I see all the really really really nice bucks are off limits
I worked in Camden Point subdivision for several years as it got developed. We used to see some huge bucks around there. They are there, but they know where to hide! Good luck!

hikingthehills hikingthehills , you ever hunted there before?
I used to hunt there an awful lot. The hunting has went down bad in the past few years. If you do get Drawn don't leave anything in the woods there because it will be stolen. I got the permit last year and never even stepped foot on the property. Also there is no field dressing allowed so whatever you shoot you have to pull the whole thing out of the woods.

I used to hunt there an awful lot. The hunting has went down bad in the past few years. If you do get Drawn don't leave anything in the woods there because it will be stolen. I got the permit last year and never even stepped foot on the property. Also there is no field dressing allowed so whatever you shoot you have to pull the whole thing out of the woods.

Jeez, forget that!
I can barely get them out field dressed and down hill!
Then I have to put it in the truck which feels like 5 feet off the ground.

I'm getting too old for this....:D

Jeez, forget that!
I can barely get them out field dressed and down hill!
Then I have to put it in the truck which feels like 5 feet off the ground.

I'm getting too old for this....:D
They changed around a bunch of the rules and regulations, now the place bends over and caters to bike riders and doesn't really care so much about the hunters anymore. The best places to hunt out there are no longer in the boundaries to where they'll allow you to go.

They changed around a bunch of the rules and regulations, now the place bends over and caters to bike riders and doesn't really care so much about the hunters anymore. The best places to hunt out there are no longer in the boundaries to where they'll allow you to go.

Bike riders, BAAAHH

Driving up Winding Stair Gap in the truck I saw a bike coming at me and stopped right away.
The guy hit the brakes and skidded and skidded and skidded, he ended up with his face on my windshield and his body on my hood, his bike was wrecked because of my brush guard. It was like slow motion.....

I accidentally turned the wipers on. :rolleyes:

(Linda was mad, I promised her it was an accident. I had a great laugh later.)

I did give the fella and his bike a ride back to his truck....

Maybe ODT could set up a game where fun loving mountain bikers volunteer to bike through a gauntlet of ODTrs shooting paintball guns from sporting ranges.

Prizes to the bikers for the cleanest fastest runs, and prizes to the shooters for the most hits.

Fun fer everyone.

Back
Top Bottom