• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Almost made it 28 years

shakey hunter

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
The January 14th would have been 28 years of marriage. Been separated since September. Out of pretense of working things out. This past Wednesday got served divorce papers out of the blue. No discussion no warning shot just nothing. Was out of left field. But dang at least give me a warning shot! She even told kids that we were "going to try to work it out." Said I had abused her cruelty and menacing. Never did any of that crap. At least my son said dad I got your back she's gone bat crap crazy. You've never done any of that I know. She ain't going to do that to you I got your back. Made me feel better from him at least.
Now it's just see how much I'm going to lose at this point. It's going to be hell starting over at 52. But I'll suck it up do what I got to do and move on.
I may not ever know what her thinking is I know. But I do know it will hurt for sure but ain't going to kill me for sure. Thanks for letting me blow off steam. I got a lawyer I can trust at least. The first one said be prepared to lose 1/2-3/4 of everything you have. Not want I wanted to hear. I known it's probably the truth. But damn give me some hope at least. Lawyer I have now at least gave me some hope. I understand I'm going to lose stuff. I'd love to keep it to a minimum as I can. Yes a dream I know But first lawyer didn't even start out I'll try my best. Just telling me be prepared to lose everything.

Thanks man. I know I can come Come here blow off so steam. I'm keeping my head straight to win the war going to lose a battle here & there. But 28 years pissed away it seams. But the man upstairs has a plan I may not understand it right now. Trying to keep things straight as I can. Hard as hell but trying best I can.

Sorry, man. Similar experience after 24 years of marriage. Been divorced now 11 years and let me tell you that life can be okay again and in fact it can be better. And a comment on the 1/2 - 3/4 comment, if that is what your lawyer said it might be time to talk to another. In Georgia it is an “equitable division of property”; that doesn’t mean 3/4.

And some advice, don’t over think the whole process; take it one day at a time.

I did get a different lawyer for sure. If he was telling me that already meant to me just wanted money nothing more. Like you said one day at a time it's only thing I can do at this point. It's hard ain't going to lie. But got no choice suck it up & go forward from here. Thanks guys for the support.
I don't sign in here a lot. But I'm here everyday. Have been last 10 years or so. Cause of the fine folks here.

Keep your head held high. Make sure your atty will fight to keep what is yours, not just give her everything she wants. I got divorced when my son was 2, told the first atty I wanted primary custody. He told me it would never happen. Well, I fired him, found another one.

Guess who was awarded primary custody of his son and child support? Yeah buddy!

Not that she ever paid child support. I just wanted my son. Unfortunately deadbeat mom isn't a recognized name, only dads. He's a very successful 21 year old now, and I couldn't be prouder.

Back
Top Bottom