• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Almost made it 28 years

Divorce sucks. I’m glad I did it though. Married again (glutton for punishment) but all jokes aside my 2nd wife (forever wife) is the best thing that happened to me. Too much to type but just know in time it’ll get better. Don’t lose hope of being happy, even when it seems that you won’t be.

It was all her choice not mine. The moving out to divorce.
My son is standing by me at least. I've been his daddy since he was 4. I adopted him at 11. So I'm daddy. He was raised to stand up what is wrong & right.
I just got to get the mind set it's over not a damn thing I've done. All on her not me at this point. I offered free counseling through my employer. Nothing asked her out nothing but excuse after excuse. I've done all I can think of. She decided on the divorce not me. So it is what it is. Just got to look towards the future only thing I can do. My atty knows what I'm trying to protect hopefully can keep as close as I can to it. Doubtful but dreams are a wonderful thing. :D The only good thing at this point is my baby girl is 27. So no child support. So when it's done it's done. That's a positive in it all.

I’ve been married 17 years and my wife put me through hell. If I was handed divorce papers I’d feel like I won the lottery. I would definitely loose half my stuff. As I get older , time has taught me the less stuff I own, the happier I am. Good luck and I can guarantee, no matter what happens, there are many happy days in your future.

All women have snakes in their heads. Some have little green snakes, some have mambas. Better to find out she don't want to be around now than when you might need her. They can sure make your life a living hell if they grow those vipers in their heads.

I’ve been married 17 years and my wife put me through hell. If I was handed divorce papers I’d feel like I won the lottery. I would definitely loose half my stuff. As I get older , time has taught me the less stuff I own, the happier I am. Good luck and I can guarantee, no matter what happens, there are many happy days in your future.
When I found out it was only going to cost me half of what I had, I was giddy! I couldn't sign those papers fast enough and have never looked back. Relax and enjoy life, there's a lot to be said for peace and quiet.

This is why I never got married. #Happilysingle. Never had any kids either.

www.littlestarblog.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_01_LittlestarblogBeHappy1.jpg

A word of advice- dont move out. Document every asset you guys have down to the spoons. Any cash you both have have access to needs to be locked down so the bank account cant be emptied by her over night. Cancel any credit cards and put credit on lock down as well.
This is a fight for YOUR future. Treat all assets as though it were a business (fair value for each item).
Do you both have 401k or retirement plans? These are up for grabs as well. House equity? Up for grabs. Dont waste a minute on "if she comes back", not gonna happen. Utilize this time to document and defend every asset you have. If you have items of value she doesnt know about (firearms), loan them to a friend until this is over.
Divorce is like a death, shock then sadness, then anger and finally acceptance.
You are in the shock to sad phase.
GOODLUCK

Keep your head held high. Make sure your atty will fight to keep what is yours, not just give her everything she wants. I got divorced when my son was 2, told the first atty I wanted primary custody. He told me it would never happen. Well, I fired him, found another one.

Guess who was awarded primary custody of his son and child support? Yeah buddy!

Not that she ever paid child support. I just wanted my son. Unfortunately deadbeat mom isn't a recognized name, only dads. He's a very successful 21 year old now, and I couldn't be prouder.
Been through this myself. Everyone assumes the dad is always a dead beat and deserves nothing.

Back
Top Bottom