• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alone in the Wilderness

BCM1323654788

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
"www.DickProenneke.com - "Alone in the Wilderness" is the story of Dick Proenneke living in the Alaska wilderness. Dick filmed his adventures so he could show his relatives in the lower 48 states what life was like in Alaska, building his cabin, hunting for food and exploring the area. Bob Swerer has taken the best footage from Dick's films and he has created 3 videos about Dick, "Alone in the Wilderness", "Alaska, Silence and Solitude" and "The Frozen North". You can purchase all of them in DVD or VHS format from the www.DickProenneke.com website."

He first visited his future home site in 1962, then in 1967, he set out to make it alone in the wilderness, 40 miles by plane from the nearest settlement. He lived out there for 30 years.

I came across a few of the short videos on youtube, I don't know the entire story and haven't seen the full videos that can be purchased from his website.

Has anyone seen the full-length videos or heard his story?

Here's some sample footage shot back in the late 60's from his tripod. Enjoy!

I've read the book (One Man's Wilderness) and seen the 3 documentaries multiple times. Awesome story and Bob Swerer did an outstanding job of editing the miles of 8mm video that Proenneke shot over the years. A must see/read.

Back
Top Bottom