• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alpaca Mexican silver grips for 1911? Who knows about these?

They are not stamped 925 but I've read it was normal for Alpaca to be Sterling silver but not stamped. I'm pretty sure they're Sterling just from my experience in buying plenty of Sterling silver over the course of two years working a pawn shop. They just look and feel like Sterling. But you're right, even being Sterling silver and gold plating the scrap value is no more than $20 tops .
Well, I just going to step up on Father's Day and let you more than double your scrap value and give you a $50 dollar bill. Oh, and remember how much safer this will be verses the cartel meeting which will end up with you dead.

Alpaca is never sterling. Mexican sterling marks are distinct and not present on those grips. They don't even have spurious marks. No attempt to deceive here. It's a trade name for "German Silver" used all over Central and South America.

When you earn $20,000,000 per month you don't care what things cost as long your crew is impressed.
Makes sense, they were tarnished just like Sterling silverware gets, and I polished them slightly and they cleaned up just like Sterling. Probably just cheap Mexican junk though. Even if they were 100% pure silver your only looking at $40 of scrap.

The funny thing is, there's about 6 people who have bid over $325 on them and I haven't gotten the first question about them besides one bidder sent me a message saying to contact him of the high bidder doesn't pay and he'll pay the high bid.

I don't buy that they're cartel members looking for some bling. At this point you could buy much nicer grips with all the bling for well under $500.

These guys know something about these grips I don't, and that's driving me nuts :lol:

Makes sense, they were tarnished just like Sterling silverware gets, and I polished them slightly and they cleaned up just like Sterling. Probably just cheap Mexican junk though. Even if they were 100% pure silver your only looking at $40 of scrap.

The funny thing is, there's about 6 people who have bid over $325 on them and I haven't gotten the first question about them besides one bidder sent me a message saying to contact him of the high bidder doesn't pay and he'll pay the high bid.

I don't buy that they're cartel members looking for some bling. At this point you could buy much nicer grips with all the bling for well under $500.

These guys know something about these grips I don't, and that's driving me nuts :lol:
@FatAlbert,i'm disappointed that you didn't give us a chance to low ball you on these. LOL

supposedly they are German silver. I have read about them and have seen them all over the board price wise I guess somebody really wants that set. The ones that seem to gather the most money or the ones with the Mayan calendar

Did you get a close up of the mark?
Screenshot_20180617-141801.png

Back
Top Bottom