• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alpha Foxtrot

Put it through its paces yet? Malfunctions? Round count on yours?
Mine is a 9mm. I fired two hundred rounds through it the first day without cleaning. I’ve fired three hundred after cleaning. Usually I’ll detail strip and polish all internals after two hundred but this didn’t have anything that needed additional work.
I’ve got three Brownells mags that continue to malfunction in this gun and my Garrsion. All failure to return to battery. The bullet nosedives about two rds each mag. I don’t think this is a gun problem since I have Wilson and metal form mags that are 100% reliable. Just don’t use those Brownells mags. I have them in 45 and they seem fine but not 9mm.
I have had a Baer along with many different Springfields. I currently have 6 Colts, a Kimber Custom shop gun, TRP and a Garrison. This gun is much smoother than anything I’ve ever fired. The only issue I’ve seen is the barrel protector comes loose on the threads after shooting for a while.

Mine is a 9mm. I fired two hundred rounds through it the first day without cleaning. I’ve fired three hundred after cleaning. Usually I’ll detail strip and polish all internals after two hundred but this didn’t have anything that needed additional work.
I’ve got three Brownells mags that continue to malfunction in this gun and my Garrsion. All failure to return to battery. The bullet nosedives about two rds each mag. I don’t think this is a gun problem since I have Wilson and metal form mags that are 100% reliable. Just don’t use those Brownells mags. I have them in 45 and they seem fine but not 9mm.
I have had a Baer along with many different Springfields. I currently have 6 Colts, a Kimber Custom shop gun, TRP and a Garrison. This gun is much smoother than anything I’ve ever fired. The only issue I’ve seen is the barrel protector comes loose on the threads after shooting for a while.

It is nice to hear some good experience with these. With the fit and finish being so great, it’s hard to understand how the quality control of small functions is overlooked. I’d like to think it’s folks flaming a new company online, but it’s documented in too many places to be BS. I found one at a different gun store this week and the front sight was missing it’s green dot insert/paint. The magazine in that gun didn’t want to drop freely either. Maybe an issue with grip screws being too long or something else rubbing. Both small issues, but both are examples concerning lack of quality control. Such a shame for a nicely built and finished firearm to have such small issues from the factory.

It is nice to hear some good experience with these. With the fit and finish being so great, it’s hard to understand how the quality control of small functions is overlooked. I’d like to think it’s folks flaming a new company online, but it’s documented in too many places to be BS. I found one at a different gun store this week and the front sight was missing it’s green dot insert/paint. The magazine in that gun didn’t want to drop freely either. Maybe an issue with grip screws being too long or something else rubbing. Both small issues, but both are examples concerning lack of quality control. Such a shame for a nicely built and finished firearm to have such small issues from the factory.
They still use a lot of mim parts. Think Kimber. And it's a 1911, so finicky in nature.

I want em to do well. But you have me researching em now, and I'm just not seeing quality. They seem to be struck by the same bug in owners as the Prodigy as people want a high quality 1911, can't/won't afford a high quality 1911, so they talk these into fitting that role, but they simply aren't.

They still use a lot of mim parts. Think Kimber. And it's a 1911, so finicky in nature.

I want em to do well. But you have me researching em now, and I'm just not seeing quality. They seem to be struck by the same bug in owners as the Prodigy as people want a high quality 1911, can't/won't afford a high quality 1911, so they talk these into fitting that role, but they simply aren't.

True. I don’t want to spend crazy money, so the high end stuff isn’t in budget. I own Kimber, Colt, Fusion, and Springfield and have zero issues. I think this is truly a case of lust based on the finish lol The DLC is exquisite. It would fall in the high range of the hot/crazy scale of a woman. Looks good, but I don’t want to put up with the issues.

True. I don’t want to spend crazy money, so the high end stuff isn’t in budget. I own Kimber, Colt, Fusion, and Springfield and have zero issues. I think this is truly a case of lust based on the finish lol The DLC is exquisite. It would fall in the high range of the hot/crazy scale of a woman. Looks good, but I don’t want to put up with the issues.
I handled one at John’s Creek range and it was so,so slick, smooth operating and beautifully finished. I’m an impulse buyer 90% of the time and nearly dropped the coin for that one, but, was able to contain myself. After researching them more after that I’m glad I held off. Seems they just don’t quite make the grade. My stable has Colt and Baer and a DW in it. Really want a Nighthawk but haven’t been able to justify ( in my mind) the dollars yet.

I will detail strip mine this evening and see if they truly have MIM parts. I can’t say for sure either way yet. It’s higher quality than my TRP though. I feel like I got ripped off in that one. My Baer had so many flaws I couldn’t justify keeping it. Sold it cheap. I still have about 500 rds to get through it before I’ll carry it.

Attachments

• 4B27DEDE-D925-422F-956C-C1F217CF8275.jpeg
    4B27DEDE-D925-422F-956C-C1F217CF8275.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 11
I will detail strip mine this evening and see if they truly have MIM parts. I can’t say for sure either way yet. It’s higher quality than my TRP though. I feel like I got ripped off in that one. My Baer had so many flaws I couldn’t justify keeping it. Sold it cheap. I still have about 500 rds to get through it before I’ll carry it.
They do. Confirmed by their sales rep.

Back
Top Bottom